Recipe That Uses Swiss/provolone Cheese?

dave9988

i bought some american slice packaged cheese and i should have known from the low price that the quality is lousy. i dont want to eat it by itself, but maybe if i melt it in a recipe itll be okay.

any ideas?

I don't know what cheap American sliced/processed cheese has to do with provolone or swiss. I would look for recipes where the cheese is melted with meat, like hamburgers, chicken cordon bleu (with ham) and chili cheese chicken (recipe below):
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

½ teaspoon chili powder

½ teaspoon ground cumin

½ teaspoon garlic powder

½ teaspoon chopped cilantro, or to taste

¼ teaspoon salt

¼ teaspoon black pepper

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, rinsed and patted dry

2 tablespoons finely chopped onion

1 medium tomato, seeded and diced

½ medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips

8 ozs sliced American cheese

Instructions 1. Combine olive oil, spices, cilantro, salt and black pepper in a jar. Secure with a lid and shake vigorously until well blended.

2. Arrange chicken in a shallow pan and pour the marinade over the top. Turn a few times to coat evenly. Let stand 15 minutes.

3. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange chicken on the sheet. Top with onion, tomato and bell pepper.

4. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Remove from the oven, top with American cheese slices, and bake 3 minutes, or until cheese has melted.

5. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Drizzle pan drippings over all.