Transfer Of Visa Stamp To New Passport

My wife has a new Thai passport but her full settlement visa is in the old one. Does she need to pay the £250 to get the stamp put on her new passport before she goes to Thailand for a holiday or can she show immegration at Heathrow both passports when she returns to the U.K.

My wife has a new Thai passport but her full settlement visa is in the old one. Does she need to pay the £250 to get the stamp put on her new passport before she goes to Thailand for a holiday or can she show immegration at Heathrow both passports when she returns to the U.K.

Not sure on UK standards,but in Australia present new passport at local

immigration office in your own country,new visa stamped as you say free

of charge.

NB :o

Hi jhj2000,

When you say she has a full settlement visa do you mean permission to stay in the UK indefinitely? I'll proceed on that basis.

If you wish to have the stamp transferred to the new passport you will have to pay. Alternatively do as you suggest and carry both the old and the new passports, showing both to the immigration officer in the UK.

Cheers,

Scouse.

p.s. It may also help to carry the letter from the Home Office which she will have received at the same time that she got the indefinite leave.

Edited by the scouser

Hi jhj2000,

When you say she has a full settlement visa do you mean permission to stay in the UK indefinitely? I'll proceed on that basis.

If you wish to have the stamp transferred to the new passport you will have to pay. Alternatively do as you suggest and carry both the old and the new passports, showing both to the immigration officer in the UK.

Cheers,

Scouse.

p.s. It may also help to carry the letter from the Home Office which she will have received at the same time that she got the indefinite leave.

Thanks

If the indefinite leave to remain 'carnet', which I presume is the UK Residence Permit no matter how old it is, is coming loose, can one glue it or staple it in oneself? Or does one have to pay the £155 stealth tax to get it affixed securely? My worry over a DIY job is that the carnet may be deemed to have been defaced. At present the remaining glue is backed up by a paperclip.