Poster Size Maps Of Chiang Mai And/or Thailand

mnbcm

I think you may be able to get a Nancy Chandler map of Chiang Mai as a poster - Suriwong Book Shop or Gecko Books?

JxP

Where is that at? I'm new to Chiang Mai.

Gecko Books is a sponsor of this forum so click on one of their banners at the tops of the pages for more info. Suriwong books is on Sridonchai road - the road heading away from the old city at the southern corner of the moat, the book centre is on the left hand side opposite the Imperial Mae Ping hotel.

JxP

IMHO there are two main options for poster sized maps of Chiang Mai (they come folded but can be flattened and used as posters):

1. Nancy Chandler: Great for locating touristy places and things of interest in and around Chiang Mai (great for visitors/people who have not been here too long).

2. The Big Map of Chiang Mai: Very detailed and great if you want to know all of the road names, where the housing estates are etc. (my favourite now that I live here and need to find obscure places at times).

Both are available from all good bookshops in chiang Mai, and both have maps at different scales on each side, hence you need to buy two copies if you intend to put them up on the wall and still get the two levels of detail!