Looong Slow Boat Mail From Across The Pond

bunta71

I did several stupid things pertaining to this thread.I'll tell ya right now.Sent a very expensive mandolin by way of my brother which is mistake #1. He has some mental challenges and I believe it was sent without insurance coverage.#2. UPS wanted $400 to ship it and I protested and voted with my feet.#3. Ended up sending through the US Postal Service for a sum of $63. Feeling kinda stupid as today marks 60 days enroute.

Has anyone with recent experience had a package take so long from Seattle? And Blinky...no not what you're thinkin'. "recent experience" was meant nothing to do with the package you are about to comment on. We're talking mandolin in a case. Yes a hard case at that

Does anyone have a clue or tip on where to start the search?

Edited by bunta71

I did several stupid things pertaining to this thread.I'll tell ya right now.Sent a very expensive mandolin by way of my brother which is mistake #1. He has some mental challenges and I believe it was sent without insurance coverage.#2. UPS wanted $400 to ship it and I protested and voted with my feet.#3. Ended up sending through the US Postal Service for a sum of $63. Feeling kinda stupid as today marks 60 days enroute.

Has anyone with recent experience had a package take so long from Seattle? And Blinky...no not what you're thinkin'. "recent experience" was meant nothing to do with the package you are about to comment on. We're talking mandolin in a case. Yes a hard case at that

Does anyone have a clue or tip on where to start the search?

Did i kill my own thread?

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know how the PO in Chiang mai

handle such Packages?

Do they Deliver them to your Door?

Or do they send you a Card asking you to Collect it?

Could such a Card have gone astray?

If it was "Registered" - I think they WILL use the Card system

Better ask them.

Bill