Which Bts Is The Closest (or Quickest) To Get To From Suvarnabhumi

Stekmer

I'm arriving at 1010 hrs from Singapore (SQ flight) and then on to HCMC with AirAsia at 1555 hrs in a few weeks time.

I don't fancy a 4 to 5 hour wait at Suvarnabhumi and was planning on a quick dash to MBK (duck soup and sim card top up).

Google maps show the route from Suvarnabhumi to On Nut BTS as passing Ekamai and Phra Khanong BTS stations.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct - or should I stick to my original plan of Suvarnabhumi to On Nut BTS.

Thanks in advance :o

I'm arriving at 1010 hrs from Singapore (SQ flight) and then on to HCMC with AirAsia at 1555 hrs in a few weeks time.

I don't fancy a 4 to 5 hour wait at Suvarnabhumi and was planning on a quick dash to MBK (duck soup and sim card top up).

Google maps show the route from Suvarnabhumi to On Nut BTS as passing Ekamai and Phra Khanong BTS stations.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct - or should I stick to my original plan of Suvarnabhumi to On Nut BTS.

You would either have to take a bus or Taxi to On Nut and take the BTS from there.

http://www.bts.co.th/en/map.asp

Depending on time of day the taxi is a good option also.

Just in case you can't make it in time, you can still top up your SIM card and get fairly decent bowl of ba mee bpet (duck noodle soup) at the airport.

I live a couple hundred meters from On Nut BTS and the other two stations you mention are not passed coming from airport.

The quickest route from airport to On Nut BTS is via toll roads getting off on Sukhumvit Soi 50. Taxi can drop you at Tesco Lotus which is located corner of Suk and Soi 50. BTS is located next to Lotus.

Just in case you can't make it in time, you can still top up your SIM card and get fairly decent bowl of ba mee bpet (duck noodle soup) at the airport.

I can't understand why the OP would go all the way to MBK just for duck soup and simcard topup. As you suggest, he could do that at the airport or just take a leisurely stroll outside until he finds a duck soup hawker. With the 300-500 baht or so he saves on the taxi and BTS fare he could even afford to eat in a nice restaurant.

take a minibus from the airport into bkk or from the bus station get the bus to on nut then the sky train to mbk,

but better still at the airport go to the ground floor (far end) and you will find a nice canteen similar to tesco (coupons)

colino

I can't understand why the OP would go all the way to MBK just for duck soup and simcard topup. As you suggest, he could do that at the airport or just take a leisurely stroll outside until he finds a duck soup hawker. With the 300-500 baht or so he saves on the taxi and BTS fare he could even afford to eat in a nice restaurant.

I totally agree, it's a pointless idea.

As has already been said, you don't go past Ekkamai or Phra Kanong to get to On Nut BTS (at least if you take expressway, but if you're taking the expressway, just come all the way in - at that time of day it would be a lot faster, assuming it's not the weekend. It's not like you're talking rush hour, or needing to find a parking space).

However, it's a long way just to go to MBK. There would be other places nearer the airport.

Thanks for the replies.

What threw me was checking Google maps to see their suggested (car/taxi) route as passing by Ekamai and Phra Khanong BTS stations as it back tracked to On Nut.

I sort of have a ritual of eating duck soup at the 4th floor (small collection of food vendors) at MBK as soon after arrival as I can ..... thanks for the other suggestions though.

:o As someone who has just done a similar trip, my advice would be take a taxi from the airport (150 tb) and head for Central Bangna, it has everything you could want, shopping, great day spa's so a quick hour back rub for a couple of hundred baht, Food court and all the other stuff you wanted.

• 2 weeks later...
:o As someone who has just done a similar trip, my advice would be take a taxi from the airport (150 tb) and head for Central Bangna, it has everything you could want, shopping, great day spa's so a quick hour back rub for a couple of hundred baht, Food court and all the other stuff you wanted.

I second this idea.

I totally agree, it's a pointless idea.

Methinks there is more than Duck Noodle Soup that he is wanting :o

I once tried the Swampy-On Nut-Nana route as an experiment - Must have been a bad time of day because took it longer to get to On Nut by taxi than it ever has to go direct to Nana. The Victory Monument route sounds plausible but I'm not sure how much time you'd save once you've changed at Siam.

Swampy to Phra Ram 9 or Petchburi Metros change to BTS at Sukhumvit/Asok Interchange may work, assuming you've ditched your carry-on at Swampy so the Metro security monkeys have no reason to hold you up.

• 2 weeks later...

A very expensive ba mee ped and SIM top up at MBK. Lugging baggage on the BTS and a long walk from BTS Siam to MBK with a heavy load and back.

Don't forget the airport tax if you have to leave the transit area. Connecting flight is low-cost. Should the taxi have a slight accident, you will miss the connecting flight and need hotel accommodation to catch the next flight out and pay for rescheduling the flight, or pay for a one way ticket from another airline.

I rather pay Bt1500 for a long spa and massage at the transit area.

Edited by trogers

• 2 weeks later...

If ya wanna feed like at 5th floor MBK.

Go to bottom level at Swampy.

Next to gate 8 is, The Magic Food Point.

Duck soup, woteva there and cheap as, or cheaper than MBK, all fresh and hot.

Dum going into MBK.