Gym Fees

I know this topic has probably been flogged to death on TV, so I appologise in advance.

I read alot of topics mentioning outrageous gym fees. I live between Nong Kai and Udon.

In Nong Kai, theres a gym near Tesco, not for the serious lifter, but for general fitness, more than ample. For 1 year, one payment of 1000THB.

In Udon there's the Sports University at (i think) about 6000THB a year, or 30THB a time. I think monthly payments are available too, but I don't know the details of that.The equipment here is pretty good, very modern, good quality machines. There's also an older section with more emphasis on free weights, but it is a bit neglected, and plates tend to lie around the floor like confetti. But a heavy work out can be gained here.

There's also Big gym city, newly opened in Udon, a very good selection of free weights and machines on 2 levels, and a good work out with heavy weights for the serious lifter can be gained here. Very little cardio last time I visited, but that was 2 months ago, so if it's changed, I apologise. Yearly membership (I think) is about 6000THB, or pay per visit of 50THB with a 100 THB sign up fee.

I think these are very fairly priced. What are the prices like in other areas? I'd be interested as to how different areas compare.

Are there no good gyms at the Universities in other cities? I find it hard to believe Udon would be the only place with these facilities at a good price, and one price for every body.

Edited by samesamebutdifferent

I know this topic has probably been flogged to death on TV, so I appologise in advance.

I read alot of topics mentioning outrageous gym fees. I live between Nong Kai and Udon.

In Nong Kai, theres a gym near Tesco, not for the serious lifter, but for general fitness, more than ample. For 1 year, one payment of 1000THB.

In Udon there's the Sports University at (i think) about 6000THB a year, or 30THB a time. I think monthly payments are available too, but I don't know the details of that.The equipment here is pretty good, very modern, good quality machines. There's also an older section with more emphasis on free weights, but it is a bit neglected, and plates tend to lie around the floor like confetti. But a heavy work out can be gained here.

There's also Big gym city, newly opened in Udon, a very good selection of free weights and machines on 2 levels, and a good work out with heavy weights for the serious lifter can be gained here. Very little cardio last time I visited, but that was 2 months ago, so if it's changed, I apologise. Yearly membership (I think) is about 6000THB, or pay per visit of 50THB with a 100 THB sign up fee.

I think these are very fairly priced. What are the prices like in other areas? I'd be interested as to how different areas compare.

Are there no good gyms at the Universities in other cities? I find it hard to believe Udon would be the only place with these facilities at a good price, and one price for every body.

Here in Nonthaburi (bang yai) i have only seen a fitness first i had to pay 2000-2500 a month. I did not mind it but i did not like the fact that there were no free weights at all. There are better gym's in BKK but they are more expensive and just too far for me. I prefer my gym to be no more then half an hour of travel away from me. If its more then that im more likely to not go. So i started my own home gym and i can do pretty much everything.