Mobile Phone With Pin Code Before Answer?

simon43

Can anyone suggest a make/model of mobile phone which has the facility to require entry of a PIN before an incoming call can be answered?

I know that most phones can be configured to require entry of a PIN at switch-on or prior to dialling out. I need a basic facility phone (no bells and whistles) that can be configured so that when an incoming call is received, it cannot be answered unless a PIN is entered.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Simon

Well i dont think there is such an utility and if there was i think it would be more hassle than its worth. The only way I can think is to lock the keypad and unlock it with a code before you can answer a call.

If you want to lock it, you could set up a password so every time you want to use the phone you need to enter the password.

Anyway, what phone model do you use? All further steps depend on that!

Can anyone suggest a make/model of mobile phone which has the facility to require entry of a PIN before an incoming call can be answered?

I know that most phones can be configured to require entry of a PIN at switch-on or prior to dialling out. I need a basic facility phone (no bells and whistles) that can be configured so that when an incoming call is received, it cannot be answered unless a PIN is entered.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Simon

Why? :o

I can think of a few scenarios, which is why this has caught my attention......

Re: the keypad lock - I think this is for stopping unwanted key presses, one touch answering is still available, and normally, a menu * will unlock.

The answer to 'why' has to do with my Thai 'ex'. She has a very annoying habit of grabbing my phone and answering it before I get a chance to 'screen' the call. The end result (on 2 occasions) is that she has totally killed a blossoming relationship, (by telling the good lady that she is happily married to me and that I am cheating on her etc etc, (which is rather annoying since we divorced 8 months ago and she already had a new baby from another man...)

I try to look after my phone, but in a busy day it can get left lying about.

So, I need a phone whereby she will be unable to answer any incoming call without entering the pin number.

Any suitable phone model is ok if it needs to be coded in. I'll just buy a new phone. I don't need bell and whistle phones, (although if it supports java etc for the coding then it's likely to have bells and whistles anyway...)

Thanks

Simon

The answer to 'why' has to do with my Thai 'ex'. She has a very annoying habit of grabbing my phone and answering it before I get a chance to 'screen' the call. The end result (on 2 occasions) is that she has totally killed a blossoming relationship, (by telling the good lady that she is happily married to me and that I am cheating on her etc etc, (which is rather annoying since we divorced 8 months ago and she already had a new baby from another man...)

I try to look after my phone, but in a busy day it can get left lying about.

So, I need a phone whereby she will be unable to answer any incoming call without entering the pin number.

Any suitable phone model is ok if it needs to be coded in. I'll just buy a new phone. I don't need bell and whistle phones, (although if it supports java etc for the coding then it's likely to have bells and whistles anyway...)

Thanks

Simon

Simon why not just use your divert option, divert your call to another number when this ex is around. So excuse my asking but WHY are you having this noisy BODY ex around in the first place. :o:D

According to the manuals for my current and previous Motorola phones (L72 and L6), if you lock the phone with the PIN, you need to enter it to dial or answer incoming calls. The only thing you can do without unlocking is place emergency calls. It will ring, but you cannot answer while it is locked. These are relatively cheap GSM world phones, costing about 2-4k THB at Jaymart etc.

Get a armed plated phone as well, i think it is going to fly when she realize what you done !

:o I am already used to her throwing her own phone at me!! The latest Nokia models seem pretty rubust when hitting concret...

Simon

Get a armed plated phone as well, i think it is going to fly when she realize what you done !

:o I am already used to her throwing her own phone at me!! The latest Nokia models seem pretty rubust when hitting concret...

Simon

put all your new acquaintances in one category in the phone's directory. Assign "no ringtone" to this category. Keep as a habit the phone lying upside down, so that the display light cannot be seen when a call comes in. Works! :D

It's easy to lock the phone automatically. Most Nokias can do this (each one I've had over the last 5 years or so).

Simply set up the automatic keyguard lock to lock automatically. Assign a PIN to unlock.But you'll need to disable the "any key" answer function.

Howwver, I don't know if an incoming call can be answered from the call receive button when the keygiuard is active with a PIN (never tested this).

I had a similar problem with my missus going throiugh my phone calls and messages when I wasn't around or demanding to see every message I received. Now the messages are set to "no tone" to avoid it.

Thai women can be so irationally jealous.