Resignation And Visa

Dear all,

would appreciate your insights on my case...

- Entered Thailand on a Non Imm Bon 13 June 2008

- Working with a work permit

-will leave an reenter the country once more on 18 may 2009, expect another 90 days stamp to app 15 August

Then the change

- will resign from my work effective June 15

I know that I need to hand in my work permit, but will my visa still hold, or do I need to leave the country within those 7 days as mentioned?

Please advise...

Thank you,

Ket

Your multiple entry visa will still be good. Only extensions of stay end.

Since March of last year you do not have to turn in your work permit. It is yours to keep. It is now your empoyers responibility to notify the labor department that you are no longer employed by them.

You seem to have a multiple entry non-B, that means your right to stay will not be affected. Only when you are on an extension of stay from immigration within Thailand do you have to leave the country when you lose your job.

As to your WP, your boss simply has to cancel it. It is no longer required to return the WP to the labour office.

You seem to have a multiple entry non-B, that means your right to stay will not be affected. Only when you are on an extension of stay from immigration within Thailand do you have to leave the country when you lose your job.

As to your WP, your boss simply has to cancel it. It is no longer required to return the WP to the labour office.

Thank you all!

Will keep the work permit book as a nice memory of the exciting year...

Would also mean that if I do a run just before June 13, I can stay a bit longer, am I correct?

Regards,

Ket

You can keep using your visa to enter the country until it's experation date, You can even enter the day before and get another 90 days.

Hi Ubon joe,

you seems to be an expert, please allow me to ask one more ignorant question :o

My Non Imm was issued on 28 april 2008, but entered first time 13 June (stamp date). I believe that the one year valididty is counted from June 13 the, am I correct?

So I fly out - fly in arriving back on June 12, I have another 90 days in the pocket?

Thank you...

Ket

You can keep using your visa to enter the country until it's experation date, You can even enter the day before and get another 90 days.

Hi Ubon joe,

My Non Imm was issued on 28 april 2008, but entered first time 13 June (stamp date). I believe that the one year valididty is counted from June 13 the, am I correct?

So I fly out - fly in arriving back on June 12, I have another 90 days in the pocket?

Thank you...

Ket

The validity starts from when it is issued. Have a look at the Visa . Somewhere on it will be written "Enter Before" That is the date it expires. You have to make you last entry before that date.

Hi Ubon joe,

Thank you...

Ket

The validity starts from when it is issued. Have a look at the Visa . Somewhere on it will be written "Enter Before" That is the date it expires. You have to make you last entry before that date.

Thanks... that would be 27 april. Will do the run around songkran and hang around another 90 days from then. Also undertsood that there is no limitation anymore on the 30 visa exempt anymore, so may fly in ad out a few more times.

Thanks for your advice...

No not that date. It is the date one year from the date the visa was issued.

mmmm, just when I thought I was understanding the dates - game...

Which date is the right one then:

-Date of issue 28 april 2008

- enter before 27 april 2009

- first entry 13 june 2008

thank you...

I assumed it would be some time in June. Why did you get your visa so early?

If you go out and come back on the 26th of April you will get another 90 days after that you will need a new visa.

Thanks again for your reply... Got my visa too early, now I know, but was not aware that the year validity starts with the issue date instead of the first entry...

Just to complicate matters one more scenario check: given the validity ends april 28. If i would not leave the country in april, but extent my Non imm B based on my workpermit here in Thailand, then the 7 days would apply upon resignation, am I correct?

Thank you ...

You do not extend your visa you extend your permit to stay, If you were to get an extension you would have to get a 7 days extension on the date you job ends,

If you go out and get 90 days the day before your visa expires you would get 90 days more that would maen you could stay until near the end of July anyway.