Phuket - "semi?" English Speaking Motocy Modification/parts Shop

jbeck

OK, how is it - hot enough? Gotta get my GF to install AC!

Seriously - I ONLY seek the answer to a simple question,regarding thai motorcycles (air blade, click, sonic, etc...):

From EXPERIENCE, not guesswork, can anyone recommend a motocy shop ANYWHERE on phuket ( and give me the location - I live in phuket town - that WILL order parts that they don't stock, KNOW that the parts WILL fit (not just say "yes they will"), and can speak enough english (I speak a little thai) to order the correct part? Or a shop that does engine mod work and can speak english?

I plan to either print a web page with a picture of the part I want and show them, or tell them (not as good, unless they speak english).

I will give an example:

I want to order a high quality (not cheap copy for "looks only") oversize front rotor and possibly a brake caliper (and I know which one).

Even maybe a real front stainless steel braided brake line (not a cheap copy for "looks only").

I ask kindly to not give me advice on why not to do this, it is a waste of time for the entire forum, I think.

OR - DOES ANYONE KNOW OF AN ENGLISH or thai/english WEB SITE FOR PARTS AND HAS USED IT SUCCESSFULLY, maybe even able to call and speak in english with someone at the other end?

Ok, I'm trying keeping it really simple and focused. I know the people on this forum aren't big on modifying bikes, but I did not think it would hurt to ask.

Thanks Guys,

Jeff

Depends on what your trying to do and what your cool with spending..

Scottys the best mechanic / engineer I know of, engine work, fabricating something, etc hes a star.. The flip side as a farang he has the same problems finding bits we all do.

Bike arts (Noi) I have had problems with her, and mates have had bits nicked off thier bikes, but also heard happy reports and they seem to do refurb / rebuilds / resprays that makes an old bike look clean in an OK way.

West coast if you need to source parts.. Also TP but count your fingers after shaking hands !!

Depends on what your trying to do and what your cool with spending..

Scottys the best mechanic / engineer I know of, engine work, fabricating something, etc hes a star.. The flip side as a farang he has the same problems finding bits we all do.

Bike arts (Noi) I have had problems with her, and mates have had bits nicked off thier bikes, but also heard happy reports and they seem to do refurb / rebuilds / resprays that makes an old bike look clean in an OK way.

West coast if you need to source parts.. Also TP but count your fingers after shaking hands !!

I don't know where any of these places are, or how to contact or find them. I don't know what you mean by west coast - california? They have thai bike part? I'm sure i sound like an idiot now but i don't care. . or is it a website? url? other than those few details, thank sfor the help! TP. Hmmm Is that the name of a shop? Count your fingers.You lost me. I gave a good example of what I'm trying to do. I've lived here 3 weeks, and only been to the shop across from honda that changed my shocks to Gazi. I don't know the name since I can't read thai. It's across from the huge new honda bike dealer.

Please explain to me what you just said, it sounds promising!

Also If anyone has a bike for sale they already dumped a bunch of money into, they could mention it. But I'm only into really nice bikes.

Jeff

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Motorbike-Di...ct-t241191.html

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp....775391&z=6

West coast is the most well known bike place in the south of thailand, produced the ride Thailand magazine etc.. Sumon.. Hes on the map.

TP is also the name of a shop[ with branches in bangkok and phuket.. Google is your friend. Count your fingers is an expression meaning they are not to be trusted. Read the various threads on them and the customs raid threads. Thing is hes not uynique in this, they are all as crooked as an arabs dagger.

Scotty (who I strongly reccomend) isnt on the map as I am unsure if he wants attention.. i will ask him but can send you a google earth location marker if you want to see him.

Count your fingers is an expression meaning they are not to be trusted. Read the various threads on them and the customs raid threads.

If you have only been here 3 weeks you might want to do a fast education on the big bike book situation.

Also if your after a big bike, and you want something fully legal and no issues with books and stress.. Kwaker sell the ER6 brand new (with finance if wanted) for 225k.. Lots of issues in the murkey water of Thai bike scene and thats the easy way.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Motorbike-Di...ct-t241191.html

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp....775391&z=6

West coast is the most well known bike place in the south of thailand, produced the ride Thailand magazine etc.. Sumon.. Hes on the map.

TP is also the name of a shop[ with branches in bangkok and phuket.. Google is your friend. Count your fingers is an expression meaning they are not to be trusted. Read the various threads on them and the customs raid threads. Thing is hes not uynique in this, they are all as crooked as an arabs dagger.

Scotty (who I strongly reccomend) isnt on the map as I am unsure if he wants attention.. i will ask him but can send you a google earth location marker if you want to see him.

Count your fingers is an expression meaning they are not to be trusted. Read the various threads on them and the customs raid threads.

If you have only been here 3 weeks you might want to do a fast education on the big bike book situation.

Thanks. From my Post " Seriously - I ONLY seek the answer to a simple question,regarding thai motorcycles (air blade, click, sonic, etc...):"

So, big bikes are not affordable of of interest to me right now. Thanks LOS. Jeff.

Sorry missed that it was for scooters.. Ignore all the above, those are the big bike places..

I just read bike modification and didnt think scooter..

Every soi has tin shack Thai fix its.. If you sample a few of them you will find which ones cater to the hot rodding of the scoots.