18 Coins Budget Hotel

Dwitch

I seam to spend a lot of time in there as one of my mates stays every weekend so he doesn't have to drive after he has had a night on the town, the place is owned by a guy called Storm, Alan who was an army chef is the manager

They have an extensive menu (English & Thai) but also do daily specials for 99 baht (great value with the state of the pound) and also they do a daily beer promotion that is 130 baht for any 3 beers, a 10% discount card is also available for repeat customers, no money off the cheap beer and food though :o

Probably cos of all the deals it's been getting quite busy of late so they are just in the process of extending the business to a roof garden, I've seen the projected drawings and am seriously thinking of hiring it one day for a party I have got to throw (the missus is insisting) and it will be dead easy for the guests to stagger off to their rooms later :D must admit I have never been in any of them though but just assume they are ok cos my friend stays so often

On top of all that they do some sort of golf thing (no interest in that for me either)

Wobbly

they do a daily beer promotion that is 130 baht for any 3 beers, a 10% discount card is also available for repeat customers, no money off the cheap beer and food though :o

Wobbly

Is that 3 small bottles of beer for 130 baht? Is that promotion only during the day? Thanks.

I checked out the rooms, very basic.... there were no door to your closet and i smoke which means all my clothes would have smelled of smoke...

short term to a month, check out the liquid lounge on soi buakaow, 600-800 per night, 12,000 - 15,000 a month, very good.

for 3 months or longer you can look around and get rooms for 5,000 - 7,000 a month in and around soi buakaow.

I kind of stayed here for 1 night last year.

I got a room on the ground floor and the receptionist had 3 or 4 of her mates in getting drunk outside my room, i asked politely twice for them to keep the noise down but by 3am i'd had enough and packed to check out.

I ended up having a huge argument with the receptionist about not paying for the room, eventually she accepted i wasnt going to hand over cash, when leaving i was sure that one of her drunk bf's was going to come up behind me as things got so heated.

Also the rooms are filthy they absolutely stink, ive stayed in nicer prison cells.

With all the choice in this area you can do far better.

they do a daily beer promotion that is 130 baht for any 3 beers, a 10% discount card is also available for repeat customers, no money off the cheap beer and food though :o

Wobbly

Is that 3 small bottles of beer for 130 baht? Is that promotion only during the day? Thanks.

Yep it's 3 small ones, 43.3333 a beer, family mart is 37 for a San Miguel lite so it isn't bad for a nice bar

It started off running till 7pm but we managed to get Alan to extend it till 11pm but I expect he will only do that if you have been drinking for a few hours before the 7pm deadline

regarding the state of the rooms I will ask if I can take some pics next weekend

Edited by wobblyjohn

:D Hmmmm! some very mixed opinions of this place ! ANymore suggestions

Thanks guy's.

Actually I am looking for a cheap place for a month in this area without the added extra's eg water and electric's :o

Butchers Arms/Inn is very nice im sure you'd get a deal this time of year.

:D Hmmmm! some very mixed opinions of this place ! ANymore suggestions

Thanks guy's.

Actually I am looking for a cheap place for a month in this area without the added extra's eg water and electric's :o

Butchers Arms/Inn is very nice im sure you'd get a deal this time of year.

Does this place have a website? :D

Is Storm the guy that used to own Storm bar in LK mETRO???

Yes, he sold his old bar a few months ago and has gone from strength to strength ever since, to the point where is talking about having another place on the darkside leaving Alan to run the 18 coins alone

• 11 months later...