Non Imigration Visa + Workpermit

Sawadee bee mai,

Long time scince Ive been here, hope u all are well.

I have got a job in Phuket Town, as a Art director, and the Employer will provide me a work permit. Nice salary... :o I will travel in the end of this month.

Do I have to apply for any extended visa before I leave Norway, where I have my passport? Or do anything else?

I am married to a thai lady, we married in Norway. This marriage certificate is desireable to translate to thai, is that possible IN Thailand? Or to certify/legalize in the Embassy?

Sabai dee.

Sawadee bee mai,

Long time scince Ive been here, hope u all are well.

I have got a job in Phuket Town, as a Art director, and the Employer will provide me a work permit. Nice salary...  :o    I will travel in the end of this month.

Do I have to apply for any extended visa before I leave Norway, where I have my passport? Or do anything else?

I am married to a thai lady, we married in Norway. This marriage certificate is desireable to translate to thai, is that possible IN Thailand? Or to certify/legalize in the Embassy?

Sabai dee.

You can only extend a visa stay once you are in Thailand so a normal non immigrant visa should be obtained, either by your marriage as class O or for business using job offer paperwork for class B. Both type will allow you to work. If there is any doubt that you can obtain a work permit and extension of stay within the first 3 months you might want to try for a multi entry type visa to allow you to return and obtain a new 90 day stay.

I would take care of translation before you travel as Embassy should have contacts to help as there are probably few certified translators here in Thailand.