Thailand Launches Website To Provide Tourism Updates

londonthai

Thailand Launches Website to Provide Tourism Updates

BANGKOK, February 16, 2009 – Holidaymakers all over the world can now visit a new website that gives them the latest information about the tourism situation on the ground in Thailand.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has launched the “Thailand Tourism Update” website http://www.tourismthailand.org/thailandtourismupdate [loads painfully slow, even 1 or 2 minutes - at least in London]. The site aims to ensure tourists an enjoyable journey within Thailand by keeping them informed with latest updates. There will also be information geared for special interest tourists and repeat visitors.

Key elements of the fact-rich Web 2.0 site include constantly updated reports from independent news sources and organizations, topical feature articles on the country, blogs about Thailand by travelers around the world, RSS feeds, and a forum for travelers to discuss issues.

The site has been designed as an information resource that can handle any breaking news. A Thailand Tourism Update forum team is available online to share information and insights with forum participants.

Tourists will be able to keep themselves updated through RSS feeds on three main elements of the site: tourism news, travel blogs, and travel forums. Journalists, travellers, travel agents and tourism operators can subscribe to e-mail updates to keep themselves up to date.

Thailand Tourism Update is the first online space provided by TAT for tourists around the globe to share their knowledge, interest and experiences about travel in Thailand.

“Tens of thousands of tourists are here in Thailand right now having a great holiday enjoying the sun, smiles and cuisine we are famous for”, said TAT’s Deputy Governor for Policy and Planning, Mr. Suraphon Svetasreni. “Please help us get that message out to everyone around the world.”

Further information:

Thailand Tourism Update: http://www.tourismthailand.org/thailandtourismupdate

Email: [email protected]

ps there is as well a discussion forum, but looks, like it was started only today

Thailand Launches Website to Provide Tourism Updates

BANGKOK, February 16, 2009 – Holidaymakers all over the world can now visit a new website that gives them the latest information about the tourism situation on the ground in Thailand.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has launched the "Thailand Tourism Update" website http://www.tourismthailand.org/thailandtourismupdate [loads painfully slow, even 1 or 2 minutes - at least in London]. The site aims to ensure tourists an enjoyable journey within Thailand by keeping them informed with latest updates. There will also be information geared for special interest tourists and repeat visitors.

Key elements of the fact-rich Web 2.0 site include constantly updated reports from independent news sources and organizations, topical feature articles on the country, blogs about Thailand by travelers around the world, RSS feeds, and a forum for travelers to discuss issues.

The site has been designed as an information resource that can handle any breaking news. A Thailand Tourism Update forum team is available online to share information and insights with forum participants.

Tourists will be able to keep themselves updated through RSS feeds on three main elements of the site: tourism news, travel blogs, and travel forums. Journalists, travellers, travel agents and tourism operators can subscribe to e-mail updates to keep themselves up to date.

Thailand Tourism Update is the first online space provided by TAT for tourists around the globe to share their knowledge, interest and experiences about travel in Thailand.

"Tens of thousands of tourists are here in Thailand right now having a great holiday enjoying the sun, smiles and cuisine we are famous for", said TAT's Deputy Governor for Policy and Planning, Mr. Suraphon Svetasreni. "Please help us get that message out to everyone around the world."

Further information:

Thailand Tourism Update: http://www.tourismthailand.org/thailandtourismupdate

Email: [email protected]

ps there is as well a discussion forum, but looks, like it was started only toda

:D

How many years have people been traveling to Thailand??

Is this the best they can come up with.

Breaking news :o My A***.

I'm on 8Mbps and it took almost 2 mins to load front page!!

Your holiday would be over, before the page loaded, on Thailands terrible Internet services.

Tourism in Thailand accounts for approx 6.5% of GDP, that's about 570 BILLION Baht, and this is what they come up with. :D

I think I will rely on other scources thanks.

Im in Thailand using TT&T and had no problems downloading the main page, actually much faster than here at TV.

Tourism Updates looks good especially for those who want all the latest info etc... on one page which may affect/assist their trip to Thailand, the blogs lay-out is also real nice - a job well-done by the TAT.

Im in Thailand using TT&T and had no problems downloading the main page, actually much faster than here at TV.

Tourism Updates looks good especially for those who want all the latest info etc... on one page which may affect/assist their trip to Thailand, the blogs lay-out is also real nice - a job well-done by the TAT.

Did you know?

All the border crossings in Thailand are open as normal and the visa situation for foreign tourists hasn't changed at all.

Tell that to the border officers giving only 15 days.

I'm on 8Mbps and it took almost 2 mins to load front page!!

Well, I am in Thailand, Bangkok, on me lap-top with a Hutch connection using a sim card at 153 .6 kbps speed 92% strength, and got the front page up in less than a mintue. :D

Check out your provider Khun Don :o

and thank you "londonthai" will bookmark it.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Outside of Thailand, at least in Japan, this site loads like a turtle. I have a pretty good connection, I think it is 100mbps. Maybe too many people accessing at the same time?

Is the site hosted in Thailand? Based on what I have read about connectivity issues relating to overseas websites, me thinks that this should be hosted outside Thailand.

TheWalkingMan

Edit:Just did a whois and the site is hosted in Thailand.

Edited by TheWalkingMan