"black Man" Toilet Cleaner, Mops, Dusters Etc Etc

NewLifeNY

I think he's having you on,mate. :D

Possibly, but I see no smilie (how DO you spell that?) :D

Well,i have read his(Her?) other posts,and they tend to side on humour,rather then serious,however,i suspect this person is not from an English speaking background,and as such,has not fully grasped the notion that to be taken lightly needs at least a smiley... :D

i find smilies offensive. it infers the reader does not have the intelligence to interpret the post on their own. either righrt or wrong.

But "Dry" humour is very hard to pick on a forum,thus the need for a smiley to indicate a level of seriousness or humour. :D

but isnt the point of dry humour that it is more difficult to detect?

I guess so,but dry humour also can lead to misunderstandings,resulting in nasty remarks and attacks,when all could have been averted by a simple smiley. :o

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This thread has turned NASTY. At first, I was just going to mop my floor with one of those mighty fine Black Man cleaning products. Now I need a good long hot shower to clean off the filth. I am sure Thai people would be thrilled at the number of farangs attracted by the racism (and other ignorant hatred targets) positive culture here.

post-37101-1234791347_thumb.jpg

you could hurt yourself falling off that high horse in the shower

That's what KY is for ...

KY lubricant?I don't get it? :o

This thread has turned NASTY. At first, I was just going to mop my floor with one of those mighty fine Black Man cleaning products. Now I need a good long hot shower to clean off the filth. I am sure Thai people would be thrilled at the number of farangs attracted by the racism (and other ignorant hatred targets) positive culture here.

KY lubricant?I don't get it? :o

at least not often ...

I think he's having you on,mate. :D

Well,i have read his(Her?) other posts,and they tend to side on humour,rather then serious,however,i suspect this person is not from an English speaking background,and as such,has not fully grasped the notion that to be taken lightly needs at least a smiley... :D

i find smilies offensive. it infers the reader does not have the intelligence to interpret the post on their own. either righrt or wrong.

That seems typical of you , why can you not just relax and join the crowd , emoticons are for use by the writer to indicate HIS feelings , how you personally accept or interpret them is entirely up to your own inhibitions . :o:D

KY lubricant?I don't get it? :D

at least not often ...

How about NEVER :D But i guess i should expect comments like that from someone with the initials T.S. :o

I guess so,but dry humour also can lead to misunderstandings,resulting in nasty remarks and attacks,when all could have been averted by a simple smiley. :o

I was one of them :D that requested more similes many moons ago, we only had four in those days :P . Managed to get them up to ten :wai: and now days well over 40 and more.:D

I use them as "me not right tinglish belly well" to express wat I feel without toooooooo many words.... A picture (smiley) tells it 1,000 times better than I Kan :jerk:

Back to the topic at hand.... now what was it... ahhh yes :D

Kan Win :D

I am sure this must of comed up before, but i am fairly new to this. So i just have to ask what you guys think of this "Black Man" toliet brush , mops, etc etc????? What is that about? i am not black but still offended by this, ay more racist comments about thais, pls feel free to post>

Thanks

(It actually has a picture of a black "slave" looking man holding a duster etc) WOW :D

Some people come here because its not so PC as the west.

Bingo. If the West we are not allowed to make fun of people for being fat or disabled or old or black or a minority. That is whats great about Thailand. Also, in the West girls have financial options and are less prone to prostituting themselves!

Uh,i'd probably give making fun of disabled people a miss,it's one thing to be a minority,or black or even old,but handicapped people deserve all the protection they can get.I don't understand the statement in red,how does that relate to racism? :o

An integral part of living in a third world country for many farang tv users is being able to feel like they are better, or higher socially than others.

I am sure this must of comed up before, but i am fairly new to this. So i just have to ask what you guys think of this "Black Man" toliet brush , mops, etc etc????? What is that about? i am not black but still offended by this, ay more racist comments about thais, pls feel free to post>

Thanks

(It actually has a picture of a black "slave" looking man holding a duster etc) WOW :D

Some people come here because its not so PC as the west.

Bingo. If the West we are not allowed to make fun of people for being fat or disabled or old or black or a minority. That is whats great about Thailand. Also, in the West girls have financial options and are less prone to prostituting themselves!

Uh,i'd probably give making fun of disabled people a miss,it's one thing to be a minority,or black or even old,but handicapped people deserve all the protection they can get.I don't understand the statement in red,how does that relate to racism? :o

An integral part of living in a third world country for many farang tv users is being able to feel like they are better, or higher socially than others.

Ok,yes i get your meaning now :D

It's okay for this forum to allow racist comments and pictures about black people but nothing can be said insulting about Thais and their culture. What makes Thais better than every other race ??? They think they are, but why are some of you guys so brainwashed???

Edited by LAZYTERRY

It's okay for this forum to allow racist comments and pictures about black people but nothing can be said insulting about Thais and their culture. What makes Thais better than every other race ??? They think they are, but why are you some of you guys so brainwashed???

Most likely forum rules mostly. If the forum was perceived as anti-Thai, it could be blocked in Thailand, and we don't want that, do we?

Your know, there is a line somewhere between humorous lighthearted jokes and offensive attacks, not everyone feels the line is in the same place. That applies to Thais also. Try insulting Thai people to their face about aspects of their Thainess, see how that works for you.

Edited by Jingthing

It's okay for this forum to allow racist comments and pictures about black people but nothing can be said insulting about Thais and their culture. What makes Thais better than every other race ??? They think they are, but why are you some of you guys so brainwashed???

Most likely forum rules mostly. If the forum was perceived as anti-Thai, it could be blocked in Thailand, and we don't want that, do we?

Your know, there is a line somewhere between humorous lighthearted jokes and offensive attacks, not everyone feels the line is in the same place. That applies to Thais also. Try insulting Thai people to their face about aspects of their Thainess, see how that works for you.

Who said that I want to insult them??? I do tell them the things that I don't agree with in their culture. And most of them agree with my views.

It's okay for this forum to allow racist comments and pictures about black people but nothing can be said insulting about Thais and their culture.

There aren't any racist comments or pictures here, not intentionally anyway, and that's the whole point of the topic.

What makes Thais better than every other race ??? They think they are, but why are some of you guys so brainwashed???

Why are you trying to get this topic to change direction? Nobody is talking about insulting Thais and nobody wants to. A quick look at your previous 20 posts reveals quite a lot about you. :o

It's okay for this forum to allow racist comments and pictures about black people but nothing can be said insulting about Thais and their culture. What makes Thais better than every other race ??? They think they are, but why are some of you guys so brainwashed???

But, you said it in here:-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/118-Offered-...85#entry2165285

Kan Win :o

first, "thai" is not a race.

second, thais are neither superior nor inferior. they simply have very different circumstances.

reason for edit: remove smilies

Edited by t.s

first, "thai" is not a race.

second, thais are neither superior nor inferior. they simply have very different circumstances.

reason for edit: remove smilies

I don't agree with Lazyterry but Thai is a race but the term can also be used to describe a collection of peoples who are not all ethnically Thai. It depends in which way the term is used.

I do not say insulting things about Thai people , I speak the truth as I see it , if they are so blind , why should that be my fault ? They do not 'Think 'so well , why be offended when they try ? :o

gallery_35489_957_38383.jpg

haha , yes it is a bit racist . there would be an outcry if this brand was in farangland.

its really cashing in on the slave/servant image of the negro , IMO wrong.

funny though.

uhmmm...."Negro"? Oh, dear. I know that common use of that term still exists in New Zealand. Just surprised to see it on TV. Of course, in NZ, it's a terribly racist remark to indicate that a Maori was 'black.' And it's now considered terribly racist in the US to use the term negro.

I think he's having you on,mate. :o

Off topic but I think it's a worry when people need an emoticon to tell if it's wit, sarcasm or something else. Personally, I find 'em bloody annoying.

Regards golliwogs, I reckon Robinson's were the first to use them as a marketing tool on their jams (jellies) and I recall having a considerable collection of golliwog badges when I was a nipper.

Not offended and can't see any way the use of 'Black Man' as a brand name can be construed as offensive. Even the much ballyhooed story in the UK press regards the private comments of Carol Thatcher. I mean if the UK and the BBC can have celebrities dobbed in for voicing off-air and personal opinions, no wonder the new Thai government reckons it's cool.

i really wonder how a topic about cleaning products and brand name turns into a discussion about Thaksin?

lets keep this one clear of the Thaksin/Thai politics talk shall we? plenty of those topics around if thats what you wish to discuss :o

Thanks

Yes, it has come up before. And if you're sensitive to that, then I think Thailand is not the place for you.

med_gallery_35489_957_373862.jpg

Don't you think he looks a bit like Obama?

gallery_35489_957_38383.jpggallery_35489_957_1877.jpg

Could be a new Obama catch-phrase "I'm going to clean up US politics!" :D

Wow,i didn't know Obama endorsed products.......... :o

But Obama isn't black?

haha , yes it is a bit racist . there would be an outcry if this brand was in farangland.

funny though.

It's not racist in any way, would you think it was racist if it was called white man?

Thanks

(It actually has a picture of a black "slave" looking man holding a duster etc) WOW :o

The fact is it is people like yourself who claim to be offended that are turning it into a racist issue. I would bet my life savings that the people who dreamt up this brand name didn't have any rascist intent and most Thais wont give it a second thought.

It's like the Obama election. It was turned into a race thing by the politically correct types who kept drumming it down our throats that he was black, thus turning it into a big race issue. Most average people couldn't give a shit and are highly offended by the constant guilt tripping by liberal types.

By Mr Obama himself!

not offended in the slightest by it, personally I think the world has gone pc mad and the real problem is caused by the do gooders going overboard over minor things or jokes and this is harming the real cause,

on another note, the americans have agreed to put the British Queen back on their stamps, and as a good will gesture the British have offered to put the american president back on our jam jars

Disclaimer: it's just a joke, surely if we were racist we wouldn't all have thai wives

funny though.

uhmmm...."Negro"? Oh, dear. I know that common use of that term still exists in New Zealand. Just surprised to see it on TV. Of course, in NZ, it's a terribly racist remark to indicate that a Maori was 'black.' And it's now considered terribly racist in the US to use the term negro.

this last post is a point in case of how irritatating and affected the excessively PC can be. oh dear.

Edited by t.s