New Cheap International Phone Calls Card From Thailand

syd barrett

This new card is called a ZayHi Card: See attached photos of rates etc.

and you can buy them from where????

Well, I picked up the leaflet in Bookazine so I would guess that they sell them. Otherwise there is a help and more-info phone number (see photo in OP above) and they will provide you with the nearest distributor/vendor.

If you have a PC why not join Skype? Buying credit enables you to phone any landline number in the world at very cheap rates. For instance, last week I phoned Cyprus on Skype and the 40 minute call cost me B.75. Using an el cheepo phone card the call would have cost just under one thousand baht. Cyprus is one of those charming nations which do not allow cheap landline calls!

Im on AIS and I add 007 to the number, Im sure it costs me 7 baht p/m to UK the same :o

Indeed it does - however AIS helpline told me that using 009 prefix costs 7 Baht + VAT /minute - I THINK it's a better quality connection than using 007. It's actually cheaper than Skype if you're calling a UK land line or mobile from an AIS mobile, although Skype to Skype is free (I think!)

BTW, from AIS (12Call) it's 009 44xxxxxxxxx if anyone is in doubt.

Edited by VBF

Im on AIS and I add 007 to the number, Im sure it costs me 7 baht p/m to UK the same :o

Quite right if you call a landline in UK but I think you'll find a call to a mobile is more expensive!

Looking at the charges for this card a call to a landline in UK is only 1 baht per minute and 7 baht per minute to a mobile!

• 1 month later...

One of my friends has just set up a Thai company - 4.6Baht from Thailand to UK (and 60 other countries).....including Cyprus

www.clearcutcomms.co.th

They claim no hidden charges no ++ etc.

Can be used on your home phone or mobile - therefore no need to be online with a computer.

Skype is cheaper but the quality in my experience is bad and it cuts off.

Sounds a good deal.

Been using ClearCutComms for months, for my calls back home and my business, very professional easy to use service

Charges are exactly as stated on their website, which is great as I'm sick of those hidden connection charges on most pre-paid cards.

...and they don't even need you to buy a prepaid card as they can activate your thai phone (mobile/office/home phone) very quickly with the credit amount you choose.

hatari hello card.

0.85B/min to a UK. landline

call them , before they answer hang up , they immediately call back and then you input the UK number

register with them and there is no need to input the long pin number each time you call.

no charges to your mobile or land line as hatari are making the initial call to your number.

One of my friends has just set up a Thai company - 4.6Baht from Thailand to UK (and 60 other countries).....including Cyprus

www.clearcutcomms.co.th

They claim no hidden charges no ++ etc.

Can be used on your home phone or mobile - therefore no need to be online with a computer.

Skype is cheaper but the quality in my experience is bad and it cuts off.

Sounds a good deal.

Sounds terribly expensive to me.

I use Yahoo messenger, which is much better quality and much cheaper than Skype (and certainly cheaper than 4.6B/min). I pay 0.30 baht a minute to N.A., regardless if I'm calling land line of mobile. At 30 stang a minute with usually good call quality, I can't see changing service anytime soon.

...<snip>..I use Yahoo messenger, which is much better quality and much cheaper than Skype (and certainly cheaper than 4.6B/min).

I use both Yahoo and Skype. I started using Yahoo 2-years ago, but their sound quality was inferior then

so I also added Skype to the computer. Yahoo's sound quality has greatly improved is now fine and yes their

cost is half the price of Skype (e.g. 1 compared to 2.5 US$cents/minute to call UK/USA).

However, as some friends elsewhere in the world use Skype and others Yahoo, I maintain usage with

both as it is _free_ to call others which use the same PC-PC phone system.

Edited by LukDod

www.deedial.com

Good deals to UK and other countries. I use to phone landline in UK for .99 baht although I phone 020 numbers. Mobiles are about 7 baht a minute, also numbers starting 08 or 09 or 01 are 7 baht.

Got my card from an agent who used to op out of Robins Nest but not there now, probably get from 7/11 as you can top up your card there.

Ops on the basis of going online, inputting your numbers against 02 Bangkok numbers. When you dial the BKK number, it gives a few beeps, cancels then calls you back. Slight delay in voice to voice but soon get used to that.