Hotel Jontiem

denboy

I have a male freind arriving in a few days for a two week break.

he has requested that I find him a reasonable hotel in Jontiem, I am not familiar with that area at all apart from the odd trip to immigration.

has anyone any reccomendations for reasonable hotel in a good location for that area.

Cheers

I have a male freind arriving in a few days for a two week break.

he has requested that I find him a reasonable hotel in Jontiem, I am not familiar with that area at all apart from the odd trip to immigration.

has anyone any reccomendations for reasonable hotel in a good location for that area.

Cheers

I've stayed at Silver Sand (Jomtien Beach rd) a few times. Rooms from 900Baht/night.

Not top class, but spacious, 2 swimming pools, and very pleasant staff.

Also plenty of non expensive alternatives in Jomtien Beach rd. soi 4 - Moonshine Place from 550B, up to Nirvana's studio rooms with kitchen from around 1600 B.

I like, and stay at Rich man Poor man guest house which is on the beach at soi 9 in Jomtien. It is run by Ed who is a great cook and has many specials. I don't know what the rates are now. Google Rich man poor man Jomtien and you'll find it.

They know what westerners like and provide it.

The Jomtien Boathouse is a great value. Right on the beach..around 1000 baht a night and a very good oceanfront restaurant. I have had many friends stay there and always enjoy it. I would call for a reservation as it it always booked. If you google jomtien boathouse you can get more info from their website

Dont want to change your thread,, but i just came back from Jomtien/Pattaya .. and after 2 nights in Jomtien soi 4, i moved over to Pattaya as things were a bit quiet around Jomtien for my liking .. if he keen on Beach, and more relaxing time ,, for sure Jomtien okay .

bit if on his own and looking for some action , staying actually in Pattaya better.

Am not starting a Jomtien/Pattaya debate here .. am just offering some information from my trip..

I still think that staying in Jomtien on the beach and partying in Pattays works well. Nice clean air and only 10 or 15 mnutes to Patts. I find Patts great for partying but wouldnt want to stay in it all.

Agree.............. :o

I prefer to seek the action - and not having it pushed upon me :D