Kophangan

dunno about down there but i went to khao san road to meet a friend yesterday and it was more packed than i have seen it for a long while! i also just spent the past week in koh chang and it was quite busy as well.... it's hard to believe that tourism is down this year.

This town aaaaaahh aa is going like a ghost town

Thongsala is like a ghost town this year ??? if anything the towns a lot busier than last year, and also tourism is down 60-70%. perhaps you dont see the news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

Thongsala is like a ghost town this year ??? if anything the towns a lot busier than last year, and also tourism is down 60-70%. perhaps you dont see the news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

too many mushrooms :o

Please do come back and explain when your trip has ended :o . I'm genuinely interested.

please no bs. Thong Sala is quite busy, same goes for the whole island.

Lots of good - imho - changes since last year: new very good roads, new cool shops, new nice restaurants. And yes, I include Tesco Lotus here as well.

The global downturn of course has its regional effect, but to be frank, mostly on Samui with its chartered tourism. Phangan is doing very well, I think.