New Visit Visa Application

in the process of making a UK visit visa app for my thai gf.

just a quick question, when they ask about monthly outgoings, they ask how much of her income she uses to support her family. With regard to whether or not they think she will return, is it considered better or worse that she supports her family with money from her earnings?

secondly, she is coming over to live with me whilst waiting for a divorce to come through from her existing english husband (separated, visa expired). would it be prudent to tell them she is my gf and provide full details/proof of relationship, or are they more likely to grant the visa if we tell them she will be visiting friends and holidaying in the uk.

she's had a visit visa and spouse visa before and left back to thailand on both of them previously.

thanks

You need to tell them the truth about your relationship, they will have the previous application on the system and she will have to declare it in the application, in any case you need to prove your relationship.

It could well be that her husband as already advised the visa section that he can no longer act as a sponsor for whatever reason.

You say she is waiting for her divorce to come through, if the divorce is not contested by either side it's just a case of both sides pitching up at the local Amphur and signing a paper, takes a few minutes.

Regarding the payment of money relatives and the view that it might be a reason to return, the ECO might take the view that she could send more cash to her family if she were living and working in the UK.

Good luck

Include a covering letter in reference to your relationship.

that being the case, should i put my details, or her estranged husbands in the spouse/partner section - we have already put marital status as separated.

the delay on the divorce is that the guy won't come to thailand until after august this year to sign the papers. therefore the only visa we can apply for until then is a visit visa.

any further advice welcomed