Tony's Gym Members

picman

3rd road/Soi Lengkee?

3rd road/south Pattaya road?

Walking Street?

The Lengkee location has become my local because the aircon is really powerful and everything is on 1 floor. The gym is never busy but some of the equipment could use some maintenance. Parking is easiest too.

You?

i too use the one opposite xzite disco...i paid B 6500 for 1 year membership about 2 months ago that's good at all three locations. i drive a car so i like the easy parking at this location; the music and aircon are not too high, there is loads of equipment; and it's never too busy. could use some work in the showers, however.

overall, i'm very happy there.

None since they, like many gyms, (and all manner of places), believe that LOUD "music" is necessary, to such an extent that the wardrobe sized speakers next to the pool were causing waves.

Your abs may improve but your hearing will suffer.

Let's put this into perspective. No, none of Tony's gyms are playing Mozart over the sound system, but to say the music is loud enough to damage your hearing is nonsense. The general trend these days in most gyms is to play the music fairly loud, but it's easy to tune out and have a good workout...it may take a little practice at first, but it's not that hard to do. It's accepted that most clientele in gyms are younger generation and like music loud, and even the old punters who live in Pattaya would be expected to be more tolerant due to the nature of the town which thrives on loud music.

A little birdie told me that the Soi 16 (Walking Street) gym will be expanding into the Europa disco space within about 2 months as the disco has now been closed. Even now it's my Tony's gym of choice, but with that extra space it will be huge and easily the best of the 3 (or 4).

Edited by tropo

Hi,

I've seen some people coming out from Tony Gym and having to open their bag to the security guard, is it a rule?

<deleted> !

Thanks.

Yes, unfortunately - it's a condition of entry that they search your bag. They claimed to be losing too many towels and equipment and it also stops people from bringing in their own beverages.

Edited by tropo

Hi,

I've seen some people coming out from Tony Gym and having to open their bag to the security guard, is it a rule?

<deleted> !

Thanks.

Yes, unfortunately - it's a condition of entry that they search your bag. They claimed to be losing too many towels and equipment and it also stops people from bringing in their own beverages.

So what if one brings his/her beverages.

Hi,

<deleted> !

Thanks.

So what if one brings his/her beverages.

It's against the gym rules to bring in your own beverages. This rule is posted at the gym entrance.