Hua Hin And Cha-am Top Thailand’s Tourist Campaign

george

Hua Hin and Cha-Am top Thailand’s tourist campaign

BANGKOK: -- The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has launched campaigns to boost the number of foreign visitors to two of the country’s world class seaside resorts in the southern provinces of Prachaup Khiri Khan and Petchburi.

The TAT has launched different campaigns to attract foreign visitors from both Asia and Europe to the two beach towns of Hua Hin and Cha-Am in Prachaup Khiri Khan and Petchburi.

The authority hopes to attract two million visitors to these two tourist resorts in 2005, compared to 1.7 million of last year.

Hau Hin and Cha-Am are renowned for their scenic landscapes.

But Thai tourist officials believe that more Thais and foreign tourists will be attracted to these resorts by the new service industries there, including spas, health care and golf courses, the local tourist chief, Silachai Surai told TNA.

The TAT is targeting tourists from Scandinavia, Japan and South Korea, as well as local tourists.

Last October, the TAT launched campaigns abroad and locally, dubbed “Thailand happiness on Earth”.

These focused on four groups of tourists – regular tourists, the elderly, deep-pocketed, and participants of seminars and conferences, Mr. Silachai said.

Local residents and provincial authorities have been urged to support the campaigns and help organise their town’s services in order to impress the tourists who come, he said.

--TNA 2005-01-07

Dont agree, the Hua Hin beach is a far better beach, Cha Am has a beach which has noisey Motorbikes and wandering packs of dogs on oneside and noisey Bannana boats on the other. Its OK if you are a Thai as you can get pissed all day while sleeping it off under the tree's and vomitting when you awake.

Well stay in Hua Hin then!

I will stay where I want, it wont be where you are as you are on a budget and have limited views on living. Sad really, hope I have a better lifestyle when I am a silly old <deleted>.

Ouch! Where did that come from ? and how long will it be b4 you are a silly old t**t?

I heard it was pretty busy in Hua Hin these days, probably some good nights to be had down there at the moment.

Is Paradise still open?