Men's Shoes

qwertyuiop

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to obtain large size - size 12 - shoes.

I have found a few pairs in the more upmarket farang oriented malls but the selection has been very poor to say the least and the prices are too western for my tastes.

ConverselyI have so far found it impossible to locate large sizes in the Thai oriented shops.

I have even sugested that I am quite happy to wait for several weeks/months as they place an order but I am informed they do not do this.

Any suggestions please?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to obtain large size - size 12 - shoes.

I have found a few pairs in the more upmarket farang oriented malls but the selection has been very poor to say the least and the prices are too western for my tastes.

ConverselyI have so far found it impossible to locate large sizes in the Thai oriented shops.

I have even sugested that I am quite happy to wait for several weeks/months as they place an order but I am informed they do not do this.

Any suggestions please?

Querty,

I too am cursed with a US size 12. The only place I've bought shoes in Thailand has been the Emporium dept store. Anywhere else I have just stopped asking as the answer is invariably no. Even in Emporium, it's unusual to find my size. Normally what I do is just ask what they have in my size and then decide if I want anything. Sneakers are usually the easiest to find. Fortunately, I get back to the states enough to stock up there.

Yes,

That has been exactly my experience. - Emporium and Siam Discovery

I am fed up of being offered the one pair of shoes in stock that they have in my size at top dollar when the shoes would never normally find a buyer at any price and have been " in stock" since the shop opened.

When I ask if they can order a style i like in my size. The shop assistants look at me as if I have asked to have sex with their sister.

Just today I was in a Thai shop looking at shoes and asked if they had any in very large size to match my feet.

"No problem" the young lady informed me and showed me a style (not great but beggars can not be choosers) which she was confident would do the job and whats more the price was right.

"Only just the other day we had a big tall farang bigger than you and they fit him no problem"

So I felt reasonably confident. 2 minutes later she was back out with a size 9 at best.

Said my wife to the shop assistant " Just because the farang is big and tall does not mean that he has a big ........foot"

The shop assistant blushed and apologised and her look turned to bemusement when i suggested that perhaps they could order a pair in my size.

so the search goes on.

When I find one I will post the details here.

It was never a problem when visiting the US on a regular basis

Any suggestions please?

Querty,

I too am cursed with a US size 12. The only place I've bought shoes in Thailand has been the Emporium dept store. Anywhere else I have just stopped asking as the answer is invariably no. Even in Emporium, it's unusual to find my size. Normally what I do is just ask what they have in my size and then decide if I want anything. Sneakers are usually the easiest to find. Fortunately, I get back to the states enough to stock up there.

• 4 weeks later...

Try Robinson Dept. Store. I also have the same problem and have found that they have a few size 12. Or if they havent got the style you want in a 12 they will try to get it in from another Robinson store. Remember these guys get paid commision on their sales. I wear mainly boat shoes , the fake Timberland type and usualy pay about 1500 baht. This is a bit more than you would pay at Big C but a lot cheaper than in the west. Business type shoes are about 1500-2000 baht. Also at Robinson you can usualy barter them down a few hundred from the original price.

You guys are lucky

I wear US size 15 and find it absolutely impossible to find shoes in Thailand, I have a very limited selection of stores in the US that carry my size but its a lot better than it was a few years ago. When I visit the US I normally bring back a few pairs.

You guys are lucky

I wear US size 15 and find it absolutely impossible to find shoes in Thailand, I have a very limited selection of stores in the US that carry my size but its a lot better than it was a few years ago. When I visit the US I normally  bring back a few pairs.

I also wear a 15 (EE) and my shoes have to come from the States. Interestingly, one pair is stamped 'Made in Thailand'. :o

About 10 years ago, I did find one pair of running shoes in a Central Sales bin in a size 15...

Since retirement, I hardly ever wear shoes anymore, anyway :D

Edited by Ajarn

Why don't you get shoes made? Expensive only in the short term. A friend of mine had a pair of shoes made in BKK for about THB7000.That was 5 years ago.They are almost like new(New sole though) and will undoubtable last another 5. :o

Thanks for the input guys.

It looks as if i will venture down the road of having some amde as I have no plans to travel to farangland in the near future.

Having them made is expensive.

Chuchok I am guessing that your friend did not wear them round the streets of Bangkok.

I like to walk and i find that I go through shoes fairly quickly and not because the ned a new sole

Thanks for the input guys.

It looks as if i will venture down the road of having some amde as I have no plans to travel to  farangland in the near future.

Having them made is expensive.

Chuchok I am guessing that your friend did not wear them round the streets of Bangkok.

I like to walk and i find that I go through shoes fairly quickly and not because the ned a new sole

He does infact wear them aroung bangkok.I have always held the basic but flawed outlook that you can tell a man by the shoes he wears. :o

I am of the opinion that buying taylor made and/or very good shoes with replacable leather soles is much cheaper in the long run.

The best 'Shoes" that I have had were a pair of 'Made to Order' RM Williams boots.

I'm as hard as anybody on shoes, but these just keep on trucking.I bought them 10 years ago for around THB7000 in Aussie. They were on their third sole, untill some prick nicked them in Bangkok last year.

It was alot to pay at the time, but in the long run ok.

B546.jpg