Do Someone Knows About?

KIFKIF

Can you give me any more information on the bike, anything from the engine number or a ny type of compliance plate.

I think it has the ITS OLDER THAN THE ONE I WAS THINKING OF, I have a book back in the homeland with alot of these types of bikes in it......they are 398cc about 32hp thing, KTM built a heap of army stuff for years, serviced alot of armies, German, Dutch & a few others, it will be rather heavy.

Can you give anymore info on it, is the engine stamped 398cc?

KTM (Kronreif, Trunkenpolz, Mattighofen) have been around for yonks, some of their really early stuff was utter crap, but they have also produced some real awesome machines over the years.

Edited by neverdie

Thanx Neverdie for yours precious infos,i'll take more pics as well.

The bike run 100km/h easy ,but in these ages conditions is preferable to CHHANIENNIEN!

Yeap it is in BKK.

Yes Gerhard,I'll send pics to KTM then hope someone will update me and may be propose spare parts...CHOK DEE.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Well as far as I can see;

1. It is a 2 stroke KTM

2. It is not any army model at all, but a normal civilian one stripped of the rear fender and painted "army green"

From my previous army life the only KTM's I seen was the big four stroke bombadier model in any European military, but several old Zundapp's and mainly BMW's and every single military motorcycle I've ever seen was four strokes, including the WW II bikes including Eastern European Nations.

There might have been another model than the bombadier from KTM's in an Army but I fail to see why they would use a noisy hard to maintain 2 stroke, and they would never ever have a reflex on the front fender. You would also find barn doors on the headlight, so it's 99% certainly "army keen" previous owner who tried to make it look like a military vehicle.

Cheers Bard

I have seen some Diesel converted Kawasaki's from the US forces and European Armies testing a Dutch bike called T-800CDI which probably runs on cooking oil which you can steal out of the kitchens of the country's homes you invade ...

Edited by Richard-BKK

Actually to keep to the thread and not diesel.

It looks like a KTM 400 MC5 from late 70's early 80's version where there is done a saddle job, removed side panel and rear fender. And done a "military" theme on. KTM has not made military bikes, only Husaberg have done so who is owned by KTM, and they were all 4 stroke.

Anyway that 400 2 stroke KTM had 17,5 horsepower at that time.

Cheers Bard