Rhinoplasty

cosmogirl

Hi everyone,

I had rhinoplasty by Dr. Charan (whom I thought was a top plastic surgeon). It did not turn out as I had hope. Therefore, I am looking for another surgeon for a revision. If you know any top Surgeon, please let me know. I am not looking for something cheap. I paid Dr.Charan 3K for my nose job. I am not looking for perfection. I understand limitations of plastic surgery. However, my "problem" got worse compared to the before.

Bungrumrad is out of the option because that is how I met Dr. Charan. I read that Yanghee is well known for plastic surgery. I am truly desperate to have something done about my nose before heading back home. I am of Asian descent. I thought Drs in BKK would have lots of exprerience with Asians' noses. Please help. Any suggestion is much appreciated.

First of all, choose the surgeon, not the hospital.

Secondly, before proceeding further, have you gone back to the original surgeon and expressed your dissatisfaction? It is not unusual for them to do a revision at no or little cost in these cases. Whether that makes sense or not depends, of course, on the nature of the problem.

Which brings me to point 3: before undergoing further surgery need to have a handle on what the difficulty was. What type of rhinoplasty was this, i.e. was it insertion of prosthetic nose bridge or a reduction or what? And in what way does the result differ from what you had hoped?

• 3 months later...

Sheryl, you seem to know a lot about this. Really good answer about choosing the surgeon, not the hospital.

I haven't had any cosmetic work done by him, but I know people who have and say he is amazing. One lady in particular had a tummy tuck redone twice in Perth as well as a dodgy breast lift (I met her in the hospital when this doctor put 50 stitches into my lips after a dog bite and caught up with her again several months later). He fixed her stomach, her breasts and did liposuction on her hips. She is ecstatic with the results. Another friend I know had a tummy tuck by him and it looks great. I've seen two eye lifts he did as well, both very good and clients happy. He is the surgeon that did all the operations on Robert Borland, the guy that was severely burned in the Phuket air crash.

His name is Piyapas Pichaichanarong and is based in Phuket. You are probably after someone in Bangkok, but just in case, I thought I'd let you know about him. He works out of the Bangkok Phuket Hospital. His bedside manner is amazing, as well as his follow up care. He was so warm and kind to me when I met him in the Emergency Ward. Incidentally, he is also a Biochemist and has formulated some brilliant sunscreen. The only one I've used that doesn't sting my eyes. It's listed as SPF50, but he says it is closer to 90.

http://phuketindex.com/jungceylonplasticsurgeryclinic/

By the way, he frequently does rhinoplasties on Thai and other Asian people.

Edited by KhunTina