Gold Ring Repair

bjohn34

Just some good advice, based on my experiences..

Be VERY carefull with any Jeweler in Chiang Mai. Rip offs are standard here.

That is what I am afraid of and the reason for my question

Sorry, I don't know any good ones, only the ripoffs

I have a gold man's ring which needs to have the stone replaced. Does anyone know of a jeweler in Chiang Mai who might be able to do this?

Thanks

Nassar, the owner of Sharez Jewelers, is as honest as a person can be and still have his feet touching the ground! :o

You can find his advertisements in most of Chiang Mai's tourist magazines. His shop is just past (east) the of road that goes the wrong direction ( sorry but I don't know the name of that street. If you're a driver, it's the one that drives on the opposite side than Thailand style,) mid-way down Thapae Road about two shops in from the corner of that intersection on the north side of the street. Absolutely reliable. Gave me the best prices on matched stones that I found anywhere! Having them appraised afterwards gave proof to his fair dealing. He charged me considerably less than the appraisal value, including the settings. I wouldn't go anywhere else (in Chiang Mai) for jewelery purchases.

I have a gold man's ring which needs to have the stone replaced. Does anyone know of a jeweler in Chiang Mai who might be able to do this?

Thanks

Nassar, the owner of Sharez Jewelers, is as honest as a person can be and still have his feet touching the ground! :o

You can find his advertisements in most of Chiang Mai's tourist magazines. His shop is just past (east) the of road that goes the wrong direction ( sorry but I don't know the name of that street. If you're a driver, it's the one that drives on the opposite side than Thailand style,) mid-way down Thapae Road about two shops in from the corner of that intersection on the north side of the street. Absolutely reliable. Gave me the best prices on matched stones that I found anywhere! Having them appraised afterwards gave proof to his fair dealing. He charged me considerably less than the appraisal value, including the settings. I wouldn't go anywhere else (in Chiang Mai) for jewelery purchases.

Have to agree. Nasser of Shiraz Jewelers is a very honest man and has been serving Chiang Mai at the same address for about 24 years !

Cheers.

Thanks

Have to agree. Nasser of Shiraz Jewelers is a very honest man and has been serving Chiang Mai at the same address for about 24 years !

Cheers.

I must disagree strongly. Nasser has ripped me off, and has a reputation too. I know Nasser very well. My ex wife was involved in a religious situation with him and his wife for awhile. I bought 2 Pearls from him, then left them with him to get mounted in ear rings. He switched the Pearls to something much cheaper (for him). A very good con man for many years in my opinion.

Out of anyone in Chiang Mai, I think Nasser is the biggest rip-off

Edited by Ajarn

Thanks

Cheers.

I must disagree strongly. Nasser has ripped me off, and has a reputation too. I know Nasser very well. My ex wife was involved in a religious situation with him and his wife for awhile. I bought 2 Pearls from him, then left them with him to get mounted in ear rings. He switched the Pearls to something much cheaper (for him). A very good con man for many years in my opinion.

I purchased some rubies from Shiraz Jewelers last year and had them appraised back in the uk .They were of better quality than we even thought they were.and are worth 75% more than we paid for them here

all i can say is that my experiences at the above have only been good.we have also had a ring fitted with a new stone which was matched perfectly to the one that was missing.

Thanks

Cheers.

Whislt you cannot always tell a book by it's cover, IMO Nasser is one of the shadiest looking individuals I have seen in my almost 20 years in Chiang Mai and I have no hesitation in agreeing with you Ajarn on this one.

Try Nova Collection for the ring repair.

201 Thapae Rd., Muang,

Chiang Mai

Thailand 50100

Tel : +66 53 273 058

I brought a silver pendant to Nova to have them plate it in white gold.

I got it back, put it on, and within two days the "white gold" turned black. More tarnish than it ever had as just a silver piece.

I was really surprised. I never knew gold could tarnish....

Hey... wait....

'GOLD' CAN'T TARNISH!! What ever they used for plating, it sure wasn't gold!

Edited by FolkGuitar