เหตุผลเบื้องต้น

DavidHouston

The following sentence from several years ago uses the phrase "เหตุผลเบื้องต้น".

"เหตุผลเบื้องต้นของกองทัพเรือที่อยากมีเรือดำน้ำ เพราะประเทศมาเลเซีย และสิงคโปร์เขามีเรือดำน้ำกันแล้วนั้น"

"The primary reason that the (Thai) Navy wants to have a submarine is that Malaysia and Singapore already have submarines."

I would like to ask you who have legal dictionaries to see if you can find the terms "proximate cause" and "ultimate cause" in Thai and whether the term "เหตุผลเบื้องต้น" means either of the two. Maybe it just means "the primary reason" or "the real reason".

Thanks.

The following sentence from several years ago uses the phrase "เหตุผลเบื้องต้น".

"เหตุผลเบื้องต้นของกองทัพเรือที่อยากมีเรือดำน้ำ เพราะประเทศมาเลเซีย และสิงคโปร์เขามีเรือดำน้ำกันแล้วนั้น"

"The primary reason that the (Thai) Navy wants to have a submarine is that Malaysia and Singapore already have submarines."

I would like to ask you who have legal dictionaries to see if you can find the terms "proximate cause" and "ultimate cause" in Thai and whether the term "เหตุผลเบื้องต้น" means either of the two. Maybe it just means "the primary reason" or "the real reason".

Thanks.

Me sir! I have one out of two, Proximate cause มูลเหตุใก้ลชิด first reason close till touching.

It is quite interesting there are many มูลเหตุ= (เหตุต้น).= cause or ground มูลเหตุอันจะอัางกฎหมายได้=(ground which will refer to law) = legal ground/ มูลเหตุชอบดัวยกฎหมาย (cause liked by the law)legitimate ground; lawful cause

I forgot เบื้องต้น is an adjective meaning first, so'primary reason' is it.

Edited by tgeezer