Refunds On Air Asia Flights

stament

I've just looked into refunds on Air Asia flights. I've looked at the terms and conditions but it isn't exactly clear.

The cost to change is THB 850 so if you changed flight to one costing less than THB850 I'm assuming you'd be better off to cancel that and just re-book another? Only seems to be an advantage to change if flight is THB950+ as they charge you THB 850 to change? I'm assuming you have to pay all the other surcharges once again in this assumption.

Anyone done this can offer guidance.

Thanks

Agreed, but it would be curteous to advise them in advance that you do not intend to fly.

One of us fellow TV members might be trying to book on the same flight & finding it full (of ghost bookings!).

By coincidence, i have been on phone with them today to advise them of cancellation of my flight. I must say they (she) was polite, courteous & very helpful.

Agreed, but it would be curteous to advise them in advance that you do not intend to fly.

One of us fellow TV members might be trying to book on the same flight & finding it full (of ghost bookings!).

By coincidence, i have been on phone with them today to advise them of cancellation of my flight. I must say they (she) was polite, courteous & very helpful.

Agreed

if you can not make a flight or miss it, it makes sense to apply for the refund of the departure tax. there is a 100 Baht administration fee, but if you had booked a flight departing from bangkok, u would still get back 600 baht (700 - 100 fee). it usually takes around 6 weeks until the money is on your (credit-card) -account.

for domestic travel, it doesnt make any sense to apply for refund, because the departure tax is equivalent with the administration-fee

if you can not make a flight or miss it, it makes sense to apply for the refund of the departure tax. there is a 100 Baht administration fee, but if you had booked a flight departing from bangkok, u would still get back 600 baht (700 - 100 fee). it usually takes around 6 weeks until the money is on your (credit-card) -account.

for domestic travel, it doesnt make any sense to apply for refund, because the departure tax is equivalent with the administration-fee

It's a domestic but I would want to cancel as someone else might need the seat.

On another note, what happens if they change the flight time, are you able to then insist on a full refund?

If you've booked a cheapie flight with AirAsia, it's usually better to eat the ticket rather than change it.

Not true. I effortlessly changed a Phuket - Bangkok Air Asia flight a few weeks ago. You have to pay a fee though, which will be instantly deducted from your credit card.

It's a domestic but I would want to cancel as someone else might need the seat.

On another note, what happens if they change the flight time, are you able to then insist on a full refund?

you can cancel the seat when you go on their website and click on "manage my bookings".

I doubt they would be willing to offer a refund if the flight time changes for just 1 or 2 hours.

I had that case once when they changed the schedule and departed BKK for Jakarta at 6.00 a.m. instead of late afternoon as they did before. but as I had to go to Jakarta anyway, I accepted the new itinerary.....

For the super cheap flight, no point changing. Just throw away the ticket and claim back the airport tax (minus admin fee). You can do that by calling them.

For high fares, it may be worth changing your flight. Don't forget the chage fee (I think it is 850 :o. However, AA will not sell you a super cheap flight (Economy Promotion) for the new flight. You will have to pay a higher fare (Economy). In short, if you see a new cheap flight that you want (Economy Promotion), don't change, buy a new one instead.

It is easy to check the difference between change & buy a new one, yourself, online. Here is what you do.

1. Go to select your new flight and check out how much it cost. Abort.

2. Go to your booking, do a change, seclect your new flight, and the increment amount payable will appear at the payment page where they ask for your credit card. Note down the amount, and abort. Don't worry, until you actually put in your credit card number, no change will be made, no charge will be made.

3. Compare the two. Remember that you can get back the unused airport tax (minus 100B refund fee), eg. 600 net for Swampy international flight. All others are not refundable.