Teachers permit ?

I thought I understood the process of getting a work permit in order to teach English, until a friend mentioned needing a 'Teachers Licence', or 'Teachers Permit'.

Is there such a thing, and if so how/where do I get it.  Would I need my Non Imm B visa number first?

Thanks.

Other than the internationally recognised certificates "text and talk" academy's is accepted as are other thai government recognised certs.   If you haven't got one though and plan to get one then i wouldn't waste your money on this as it's ONLY recognised in Thailand.   Internationally recognised certs are available at ECC (RSA Cambridge) and AUA ( new one - American, can't remember name).   There may be others which I'm unaware of.  If you're going to spend money on it pay the extra and get a decent one so that it's recognised elsewhere.  Friends of mine know more, if you have any more questions feel free to private message me.

I am writing an article about TEFL certificates.  It seems that Thailand is the only place today which requires TEFL certificates.  I'm sure the reason is to weed out the undesirable teachers who come here to slack off and vacation.  But, unfortunately, a TEFL certificate won't guarantee that anyhow. ???

Where can I find a list of government-accepted TEFL certificates?

Also, is there an article, or government statement discussing these new rules for teachers?

Thanks!