Medical Or A Trip To Lao

Hi

I have been in TL now for over 3 years on an o/a retirement visa and in the last 6 months I have had an OP and will have continuing treatment till May and after that check-ups for at least a couple of months.

My visa will expire in June, I dont want to renew the O/A as I would have to import cash. I will be travelling back to the home country in September and staying there for around a year, this means I will need to an extention of 3 months before I leave.

Options as I see them are on medical grounds with a letter from my doctor however the new rules that say I must be unfit to travel would probably rule this out as I would be fit enough to leave the country and come back for check-ups.

The other option is a 60 day tourist visa with a 30 day extention, have a friend in Udon so Laos would probably be my choice.

What I would like to know: Has anyone tried for a medical extention lately or got a tourist visa in Vientiane? If so were there any problems in either case.

As you said you will have a problem getting a medical extension unless you can get a letter from the doctor saying you can not travel. Even then immigration can require that they have one of their doctors check you out.

If you go to Vientiane you can get a single entry non-o visa since your are over 50. That would be much better than a tourist

visa.

PS: I deleted your other topic that was incomplete.

As you said you will have a problem getting a medical extension unless you can get a letter from the doctor saying you can not travel. Even then immigration can require that they have one of their doctors check you out.

If you go to Vientiane you can get a single entry non-o visa since your are over 50. That would be much better than a tourist

visa.

PS: I deleted your other topic that was incomplete.

Thanks Joe

This thing is playing silly buggers, I keep getting error messages when I try to post.

Will have to look at the best (cheapest) option from Lao, I see they say they take 2 days to process an application