Chinese Mobiles

INTJ

I need a new phone, and there seems to be a plethora of Chinese made phones at the stands with good spec inc. TV, dual sim etc for around 5K baht.

I wonder if anyone has any experience of these, are they junk or is there a good quality bargain phone amongst them ? Any particular make that is better than the rest ?

A friend bought a Nokia 8800 Arte last year that turned out to be a Chinese copy, it wasn't much good.

Cheers

there was an article (was in here on TV) recently about batteries and phones exploding and factory workers dying because of it... specifically mentioned these fake chinese types of stuff... did anybody read that article (I can't be bothered to look it up...)...

while I think the chances of the phone blowing up and severing your jugular (like the factory worker, i think) are low, I wouldn't just because of quality issues (real or perceived - but probably real).

Propably they will work for a year or two. But if you are used to Nokia or other brand phones then you will have hard time using them as the menus and other functions are complicated to use. Also battery life is not good, you end up recharging fairly often...

Propably they will work for a year or two. But if you are used to Nokia or other brand phones then you will have hard time using them as the menus and other functions are complicated to use. Also battery life is not good, you end up recharging fairly often...

Long hours on phone it gets hot.. since its not that famous so not much feedback from people to make it better.

I need a new phone, and there seems to be a plethora of Chinese made phones at the stands with good spec inc. TV, dual sim etc for around 5K baht.

I wonder if anyone has any experience of these, are they junk or is there a good quality bargain phone amongst them ? Any particular make that is better than the rest ?

A friend bought a Nokia 8800 Arte last year that turned out to be a Chinese copy, it wasn't much good.

Cheers

My GF bought 2 different ones from Udon Thani last year. Both dual sim ,both are horrible. The touch screens look ok, but they are so inaccurate.

And AFAIK the dual sim functionality is not as easy as you think. You don't just put 2 sim cards and everything works magically. If you want to make a call with the other sim you have go into the menu and enable it(I think Samsung has a new phone that makes this a lot easier). Very tedious and frustrating.

You are better off getting a used nokia/pda phone for 5K.