What Type Of Visa Do I Need?

I'm planning a round the world ticket travelling from London (where I live).

I'm leaving to go to india on the 1st of March. then getting a flight to hanoi on the first of may. From there I'm going to be making my way down vietnam and through cambodia and will probably reach thailand some time in June.

Becuase I will be travelling overland through thailand down to singapore I've been advised I will need to get a visa before hand because I won't have a return ticket out the country!

Can anyone suggest the best place to do this and what type of visa I will need, I plan to stay for a month maybe a bit longer.

I understand that I can only use my visa upto 3 months from when I purchase it, so I won't be able to get one in london before I go, any ideas where else I could get one or if I can get one on arrival?

Thanks

I'm planning a round the world ticket travelling from London (where I live).

I'm leaving to go to india on the 1st of March. then getting a flight to hanoi on the first of  may. From there I'm going to be making my way down vietnam and through cambodia and will probably reach thailand some time in June.

Becuase I will be travelling overland through thailand down to singapore I've been advised I will need to get a visa before hand because I won't have a return ticket out the country!

Can anyone suggest the best place to do this and what type of visa I will need, I plan to stay for a month maybe a bit longer.

I understand that I can only use my visa upto 3 months from when I purchase it, so I won't be able to get one in london before I go, any ideas where else I could get one or if I can get one on arrival?

Thanks

I don't believe you need a visa at all because you are only staying a month, and a british passport will give you 30 days with no visa. Also, you are travelling across land, so you don't need a return ticket - i believe it's only the airlines that check for return tickets. If you do need a visa for a longer stay, you can easily go to the thai embassy in cambodia.

• 2 years later...

Unless you have already used your alloted 90 days in a six month period visa exempt entries (it does not sound as if you have) then you will receive a 30 day permitted to stay stamp when your return from Vietnam, as long as you have a ticket out within that time period. Or if you are asking about a return from Singapore the same conditions would apply.