Kawasaki Er6-f

Ithailian

1/ Based on your experience with Kawasaki dealers, do they pratice the 3% extra surcharge I see in see in some shops when you pay with Credit Card? basically, I just need to know if I am better off coming with some cash.

Dunno, but cash is king!

Cash can definitely be king but so can credit card points hehe! I paid for my Ninja 250 in full by credit card (no surcharge), then paid the card balance at the end of the month. No interest paid and a bunch of points I can redeem for other stuff (mostly gift vouchers for restaurants or shopping malls).

I'm pretty sure they'd allow credit card payments for the Ninja 650 as as well.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK , so I will plan on a 10 hour trip (8 hours to drive + 2 extra to get lost). The 5 hour version will have to wait for me to learn the bike and road as well as convince my wife not to ride with me ; ).

Dont go 2 up long distance to run it in.

Well picked up my green Ninja 650R today and i must say the fairing makes a huge difference and a very different ride. They are awaiting my response from Kawasaki as i'm the first owner in Thailand. Don't despair guys your gonna love it :)

Well picked up my green Ninja 650R today and i must say the fairing makes a huge difference and a very different ride. They are awaiting my response from Kawasaki as i'm the first owner in Thailand. Don't despair guys your gonna love it :)

Confirmed. I was there to see it!

Edited by Scubabuddha

Congrats on being the first, :D:D let us know as soon as you can re: the ABS and has it got the Bt's fitted?

I see they are also putting out the er6 n`s with abs @ 247,000 quoted, so the price difference has narrowed between the two...

Yeah ok, was just a bit of light hearted fun to get Tony hot under the collar :) Anyway we'll leave the reviews to the man himself or anyone else for that matter who should be getting one soon...... maybe myself if the Green is as appealing as the pics..... as the 2 Blue ones have already been snapped up :D

So when is the promise date for you BKK guys, looks like Phukets will be Friday by all accounts...

Enjoy the ride fellas :D

Edited by Rickster

Yeah ok, was just a bit of light hearted fun to get Tony hot under the collar :) Anyway we'll leave the reviews to the man himself or anyone else for that matter who should be getting one soon...... maybe myself if the Green is as appealing as the pics..... as the 2 Blue ones have already been snapped up :D

So when is the promise date for you BKK guys, looks like Phukets will be Friday by all accounts...

Enjoy the ride fellas :D

Top joke, it puts all the Hysteria into perspective...after all it's just a 2 pot imatation of a sports bike.

And i, and probably others would not entertain it in our respective home countries..but TIT and the options are few here.........yes i have one booked, but i dont think i'll be in for a big rush when i take delivery, but i'll wait and see if i'm wrong.......currently, i'm on a 4 pot 750........keep it rolling guys,but i want to be first...please....It would appear friday for all, as up north quoted the same..

Hi,

Just hapened to put a purchase order on a blue 650R in BKK Rama 9 last saturday. According to the dealer they sold 3 Ninja that day including mine. I guess the 2 other ones are for other members of this forums :)

I am not too familar with bikes/bike purchase in thailand and have a few questions regarding that matter:

1/ Based on your experience with Kawasaki dealers, do they pratice the 3% extra surcharge I see in see in some shops when you pay with Credit Card? basically, I just need to know if I am better off coming with some cash.

2/ From what I understand, after delivery, I ll still need to wait for a couple of days to get the license plate. Is it safe to drive without the plate i.e. can I still get the bike immediately insured? I have to go from BKK to Chang Mai on the 15th. Instead of flying, would be much more fun to ride the bike to get familar with it. This might be doable if the first lot of BBK 650R bike arrive on the 13th as i read in Tony's post.

3/ BTW, how long does it take to go from BKK to Chang Mai ?

4/ Any limitations when driving a new bike (i.e. staying at low rev for the first xxx km ??)

Thanks in advance for your infos.

there is no surcharge on cc at rama just bought 4 er6n for delivery end october,i could have picked them up in 2 weeks but did not want them before.

the green collor is nice,took two green and two black,2010 w abs

Top joke, it puts all the Hysteria into perspective...after all it's just a 2 pot imatation of a sports bike.

And i, and probably others would not entertain it in our respective home countries..but TIT and the options are few here.........yes i have one booked, but i dont think i'll be in for a big rush when i take delivery, but i'll wait and see if i'm wrong.......currently, i'm on a 4 pot 750........keep it rolling guys,but i want to be first...please....It would appear friday for all, as up north quoted the same..

I think that analogy is a bit harsh to be honest..... :) If i were back in UK i would certainly consider it as its the best value for money for a bike in todays market NOT just Thailand...

Well we will find out tomorrow...they are here... :D

:D They are where? :D

Phone call this moring, from Korat manager...tomorrow :)

Nice.

Is your shop open today being the Queens Birthday/Mothersday or whatever? Just called the shop here and they are closed. Got the manager on his mobile and he says Friday delivery.

Korat open today, and when i arrived all 6 ninja 650r's lined up in a row, two with reserved stickers on..my blue one and one black one....2 greens and one black and blue left (but maybe two blacks if the other guy doesn't show).

Also two er6n's sitting with no reserve, ABS versions @247,000...oh and 1st class insurance 7,500 baht..... :)

ps: love my blue but i may put the silver lower fairing from the black, but i think i`ll do a quick impression in foto shop first to see if i like the idea....

Edited by husskydog

Korat open today, and when i arrived all 6 ninja 650r's lined up in a row, two with reserved stickers on..my blue one and one black one....2 greens and one black and blue left (but maybe two blacks if the other guy doesn't show).

Also two er6n's sitting with no reserve, ABS versions @247,000...oh and 1st class insurance 7,500 baht..... :)

ps: love my blue but i may put the silver lower fairing from the black, but i think i`ll do a quick impression in foto shop first to see if i like the idea....

I would like to see the photoshoped version.

My shop here is quoting 13,000 for insurance. Is that the difference between the n and f or is it the difference between your shop and mine?

Insurance for the 'f' version, covers both vehicles in an incident and 90% of cost of bike if stolen and medical for both parties....etc etc .

I'm in the north, may have an impact on cost, but the manager used to do the 13000baht insurance, buit i guess he was happy to pass on the cost reduction...and i`m assured the cover is the same...hopefully i wont need to test it... :)

Edited by husskydog

I would like to see the photoshoped version.

My shop here is quoting 13,000 for insurance. Is that the difference between the n and f or is it the difference between your shop and mine?

I havent checked insurance with kwacker, but should be 6500-7500 for 230k cover. My cruiser was 12000 for 400k cover. Sumon, Ride Thailand took care of it.

SB is that all 6 bikes or just those which have had deposits placed against them ?

They where expecting to get all 6 on same truck.

Stopped by Phuket Kawi today, they have a big section in the showroom cleared and ready for the new delivery! They still seem confused as to whether it will be tomorrow or Saturday. I feel like it's Christmas eve!

Well we will find out tomorrow...they are here... :)

Did you get yours yet HD?

And I would like to know your criteria for sports bikes if you think the Ninja 650R isn't one. A ZX-10 it aint, but after witnissing Tony's ER6n upclose and in action today, the faired version should definitely qualify by anyones measure. (But I am in love with it so I am biased) That 2 bros exhaust was truly music to the ears. Very loud music, but that's how we like it. :D

And I would like to know your criteria for sports bikes if you think the Ninja 650R isn't one. A ZX-10 it aint, but after witnissing Tony's ER6n upclose and in action today, the faired version should definitely qualify by anyones measure. (But I am in love with it so I am biased) That 2 bros exhaust was truly music to the ears. Very loud music, but that's how we like it. :)

Firstly comparing a 650R to a ZX10 is like comparing a Vios to a Nissan Skyline!!! Putting it into a category of the 600cc class as a sports bike it would have to go up against the R6, CBR600 and 600 Gixer, even the Street triple of which is doesn't compare on any level, maybe comfort.

The Ninja 650R would be better described as an entry road bike. Thats not putting it down one bit as its a great value bike to suit all capabilities. Its adaptability for urban use and long distance would make it more prefered over such sports/racing bikes meant to do exactly that.....race.

Its like my er6n i describe it as an everyday <deleted> about bike, its easy to ride anywhere whatever your mood...

*edit* Forgot to mention that when MCN did a test of 4 similar bikes er6n, bandit, monster and something else the er6n did come out on top, so to compare it against its nearest rivals would probably be number 1, although personally i prefer the look of the 696 monster any day...

Edited by Rickster

Stopped by Phuket Kawi today, they have a big section in the showroom cleared and ready for the new delivery! They still seem confused as to whether it will be tomorrow or Saturday. I feel like it's Christmas eve!

Its not only the delivery date that they are confused about. I dropped by there this morning and the bikes not coming till 1pm Saturday. They seem to have brought in a promotions team, maybe for the arrival of the new bikes.....but what bikes will they be is the question. I asked the question are they er6f's or ninja 650r's. They didn't quite understand so i wrote down on some paper 2009 er6f or 2010 ninja 650r. They pointed to the er6f and i said are you sure and they said 100%. So to you guys who have deposited money already just be aware that they might not be what you expect.

I hope they will be 650 r's but they didn't seem to know much about the name at all. Anyway i'm sure all will be revealed tomorrow. Nothing worse than a conflict of information. As i've said before the customer service in Kwak Phuket leaves a lot to be desired !!!!

And I would like to know your criteria for sports bikes if you think the Ninja 650R isn't one. A ZX-10 it aint, but after witnissing Tony's ER6n upclose and in action today, the faired version should definitely qualify by anyones measure. (But I am in love with it so I am biased) That 2 bros exhaust was truly music to the ears. Very loud music, but that's how we like it. :)

Firstly comparing a 650R to a ZX10 is like comparing a Vios to a Nissan Skyline!!! Putting it into a category of the 600cc class as a sports bike it would have to go up against the R6, CBR600 and 600 Gixer, even the Street triple of which is doesn't compare on any level, maybe comfort.

The Ninja 650R would be better described as an entry road bike. Thats not putting it down one bit as its a great value bike to suit all capabilities. Its adaptability for urban use and long distance would make it more prefered over such sports/racing bikes meant to do exactly that.....race.

Its like my er6n i describe it as an everyday <deleted> about bike, its easy to ride anywhere whatever your mood...

*edit* Forgot to mention that when MCN did a test of 4 similar bikes er6n, bandit, monster and something else the er6n did come out on top, so to compare it against its nearest rivals would probably be number 1, although personally i prefer the look of the 696 monster any day...

I guess it all comes down to your own opinion really, but I wasn't comparing a ZX-10 to a the Ninja 650R, I said "it aint." I realize it would be in the lower range of a entry level sport bikes, but I consider the Ninja 650R to be nearly identical in terms of "sport bikiness" as my first "real sportsbike", the Yamaha YZF 600R, designed in the 90's, it's was one of the original sportbikes, and the predecessor to the R6, with similar engine. I knew guys that raced that bike (the YZF600R)in amateur races on the track, but the sportsbike goal posts have moved over the years as once what was considered cutting edge sport bike is re-categorized as a "sport tourer" just as the YZF600R was when the R6 and R1 came out.

Of course comparing the Ninja 650R to other 600cc 4cylinder bikes it's going to come up short what with 71hp to the others with 100+, but that's really irrelevant because that wasn't the question. The question was is it a sports bike or a "two pot imitation of a sports bike" wich is what I contest. Maybe this is a regional thing, but in the states we would call 800 to 1000cc sportbikes superbikes, thus differentiating them from lesser cc sportbikes. (Then there is hyper-sport bikes 1100cc and up.) Also, Kawasaki USA has the Ninja 650R in the sports bike section of their website. After all, doesn't the "R" stand for "Race"? 0-60mph in 3.83 seconds.

Here is how someone defined a sport bike on Wikipedia :

"Entry-level sport bikes are designed to introduce motorcyclists to the sport bike design. They are relatively inexpensive, lightweight, and durable. There are minimal to no fairings installed to cut down on cost and maintenance if the motorcycle is dropped. Although capable of more power, the engines are usually detuned for longevity and durability. Entry level sport bikes can usually accommodate riders of all heights and weights.

Examples include the Suzuki GS500, Honda CB500 and Kawasaki Ninja 500R/250R."

Edited by Scubabuddha