Kawasaki Er6-f

Ithailian

A few mods today on my 2010 plasma blue 650r,

this is not an i`ve done this post..just for info.

1, rear matching bobins for paddock stand...59bike for stand, 2500baht including post to issan, £10 for plasma blue bobins on ebay including post.

2, r&g tail tidy, 1hr and a bit to fit, have to remove right side seat cowling to get to indicator and number light plugs..from ducatiomaha...650 shop

3, radiator cover powder coated in silver, 20min to fit...i may have a line in these if enough intrest

4, satin black sports bars, 1.75hrs to fit took my time...from ducatiomaha, great improvement in riding position and rear view a lot better with mirrors out of the way of elbows. note : right and left lock to stops, but levers just nudge the stock screen

next scorpion to fit if it arrives wed/thursday....

i will post pics if any one wants a look...dark now ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HD :)

Edited by husskydog

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1, rear matching bobins for paddock stand...59bike for stand, 2500baht including post to issan, £10 for plasma blue bobins on ebay including post.

2, r&g tail tidy, 1hr and a bit to fit, have to remove right side seat cowling to get to indicator and number light plugs..from ducatiomaha...650 shop

3, radiator cover powder coated in silver, 20min to fit...i may have a line in these if enough intrest

4, satin black sports bars, 1.75hrs to fit took my time...from ducatiomaha, great improvement in riding position and rear view a lot better with mirrors out of the way of elbows. note : right and left lock to stops, but levers just nudge the stock screen

Cool! I've got sport bars on the way from Ninja650Shop too, but I'm having a friend carry them over, along with Arrow exhaust and an integrated tail light so I have to wait a while yet before they arrive.

I've read that the installation of the sport bars can be 'tricky' and am encouraged to hear that you were able to get yours on without too much difficulty.

Definitely interested in seeing pictures!

Happy Trails!

Tony

Cool! I've got sport bars on the way from Ninja650Shop too, but I'm having a friend carry them over, along with Arrow exhaust and an integrated tail light so I have to wait a while yet before they arrive.

I've read that the installation of the sport bars can be 'tricky' and am encouraged to hear that you were able to get yours on without too much difficulty.

Definitely interested in seeing pictures!

Happy Trails!

Tony

Will post pics tomorrow tony, sports bars for the 650r are a doddle to fit compared to the zr7`s 750 i also have, they were the version 2 that dont have the offset holes on the plate but are designed for the earlier 650r`s and not the zr7`s, p.s when you fit yours dont cut the cable bracket, i just bent it open a little to allow all the cables and brake pipe out, i`ll show it better with a pic later... :D i`m of for a drink with the missus

Edited by husskydog

I am definately interested in seeing the pics as well. I have the same color bike. No budget now but maybe in the future. First comes the 2bros. exhaust then the sport bars. After that, not sure.

Sports bars Satin black

rear blue stand bobins

r &g tail tidy

radiator cover

oh, and blue front marker lights, but pic no good

more to follow..regards HD

Great pics HD. Excellent color choice. The sport bars look fantastic. I want those. Anychance you can give us a pic of you on the bike in riding position to compare to the stock bars?

Edited by Scubabuddha

Does it seem to anyone else that the excitement about the 650R pretty much died right after the release?

I went to see the bike and decided it was not for me, too much of a tourer for my taste, so maybe I'm just assuming others felt the same. In my opinion it's a nice bike, and I was tempted to get one because it's the only reasonably priced 600cc available, but then I realized I did not want that to be my reason for buying it. The 250R wowed me the first time I saw it, and so did the ZX-6R, but the 650R... well, not so much.

I'm hoping the ZX-6R will soon be produced in Thailand, at which point I'm upgrading from my 250R.

Does it seem to anyone else that the excitement about the 650R pretty much died right after the release?

I went to see the bike and decided it was not for me, too much of a tourer for my taste, so maybe I'm just assuming others felt the same. In my opinion it's a nice bike, and I was tempted to get one because it's the only reasonably priced 600cc available, but then I realized I did not want that to be my reason for buying it. The 250R wowed me the first time I saw it, and so did the ZX-6R, but the 650R... well, not so much.

I'm hoping the ZX-6R will soon be produced in Thailand, at which point I'm upgrading from my 250R.

Not at all. Yes, you are assuming that others felt the same. There has been 2 pages added here since they arrived, and Tony started a new thread called Ninja 650R after we learned of the name change for Thailand. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/2010-Kawasak...bs-t288104.html

I've seen 3 or 4 positive ride reports, including mine, and everyone I have spoke to is very happy with their bikes. I think now that they are here, there isn;t as much buzz because we were all so anxious to get them. Now were all buzy out riding them!! For me personally it was a perfect choice, not just for the low price, although that is what got me interested initially. I have owned 4 sport-ish (that's for you Bard and Tiger) bikes prior to the 650R. A 97 Honda NSR 150R (Not really a sportbike I know) 98 YZF600R (Not unlike the Ninja 650R) An 07 Yamaha R6, (Seemed oh shit fast to me) and the 93 CBR 400RR. All but the YZF600R were uncomfortable to ride for any great amount of time and painful on the wrists. (As sportbikes are) The Ninja 650 is a perfect balance. Still sporty enough, especially after I get the sport bars, and still zippy enough, especially after I get pipe and maybe some other mods. Maybe it's not for everyone, and if I had unlimited money, maybe I would have gotten something else, but I am extremely happy with her. Just wish it would stop raining. :)

Edited by Scubabuddha

Here is my 800Km 2010 Ninja 650R ride report, for those that didn't see it on the "other" board or thread..

She's got uprisingly nice low end torque, but it's my first twin so I probably don't appreciate it as much as others. It is hard to find yourself in the wrong gear, which is good for a lazy amatuer like me. Brakes still very soft but everyone says they should tighten up.

This bike is so easy to ride that I really have to be careful not to become too overconfident, especially as I still ride with the habits of someone on a bike with a loud exhaust. Nobody hears me coming now and as I think Tony or someone said, it's a little creepy. I often find myself pushing it a bit in the corners, throwing it left and right in maneuvers I would not have tried on the CBR.

I had a guy on a motorbike nearly run me off the road the other day as I tried to undertake him as he was going very slow and camped in the right side of the left lane in front of me. He didn't hear me coming with the stock exhaust. He decided to cut across the lane in front of me, no signal. He put me into the sand covered asphalt. I broke hard and veered left and stayed up probably thanks to the ABS. And I have come to really appreciate the sticky Battlax tires.

I really like the space-agy digital gauge, but that's just me, a closet Trekkie. Probably because it differentiates it from the previous design.

The mirrors vibrate a bit blurring the image. Not sure I would have noticed that though if I didn't read it in another reviewer. Other than that, not much vibration.

The seat is a bit difficult to remove, but has more cushion and area than my last bike so I like that. The GF never liked riding on the CBR, but now she says to me, "If it's sunny we take the bike, rain we take the car." So that's good.

Both left and right side bolts have come off the lowest part of the fairing.

The ride position is very comfortable, but I like a bit more forward lean and will be replacing the bars soon. They did not hcange any of the deminsions bewteen seat, pegs and bars on this faired version of the ER6n. When I punch it I feel like I have to really hold on, whereas with other sport bikes I have owned, the energy feels to me to be more transferred down my body and into the saddle.

Cosmetically I love the matching rear spring. Some have complained about the tank looking like it is bounding upwards out of the frame, but I think it looks fantastic. I don't like the white logos, but not sure what I can do about that as the tank logo is lacquered over.

Night time illumination is adequate. I would prefer to have both headlights on at one rather than on low and one high.

At times it backfires when transitioning from acceleration to compression braking. As others have noted, you can induce this when you want to.

I seem yo get about 40kms more per tank using straight 91 than gasohol 95. No difference in performance that I can tell. Bike can take up to E10, so the sticker says.

Overall, I love it. And for the price of 257k, I think it's the best deal going in Thailand right now. My only complaint is, I spend too much time cleaning her! (Evertime I get her home) My GF thinks I love the bike more than her. Hmmm....

Edited by Scubabuddha

Not at all. Yes, you are assuming that others felt the same. There has been 2 pages added here since they arrived, and Tony started a new thread called Ninja 650R after we learned of the name change for Thailand. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/2010-Kawasak...bs-t288104.html

I've seen 3 or 4 positive ride reports, including mine, and everyone I have spoke to is very happy with their bikes. I think now that they are here, there isn;t as much buzz because we were all so anxious to get them. Now were all buzy out riding them!! For me personally it was a perfect choice, not just for the low price, although that is what got me interested initially. I have owned 4 sport-ish (that's for you Bard and Tiger) bikes prior to the 650R. A 97 Honda NSR 150R (Not really a sportbike I know) 98 YZF600R (Not unlike the Ninja 650R) An 07 Yamaha R6, (Seemed oh shit fast to me) and the 93 CBR 400RR. All but the YZF600R were uncomfortable to ride for any great amount of time and painful on the wrists. (As sportbikes are) The Ninja 650 is a perfect balance. Still sporty enough, especially after I get the sport bars, and still zippy enough, especially after I get pipe and maybe some other mods. Maybe it's not for everyone, and if I had unlimited money, maybe I would have gotten something else, but I am extremely happy with her. Just wish it would stop raining. :)

We where all like kids to get them. Now were just riding, even when raining. Surprised how little wet I get in rain if I keep the speed up. still in shorts, tshirt and slippers. Will get some riding gear in BKK end of month.

At 257k its an absolute bargain in LOS. There are more exciting bikes around, but at double or triple the price, at least. This is my absolute choice of bike in LOS, at half or quarter price of my previous LOS bikes.

I am surprised how comfy it is, seat, ridingposition, wind and vibrations.

I have 150 km to cover before the 1000 km service. I did a soft breakin until 500 km, then bit tougher, and now beating it with accelerating and engine break at high rpms. But its hard in Phuket traffic cause 140 kmh is reached in few seconds. Sunshine today, and someones got to do it :D

At 257k its an absolute bargain in LOS. There are more exciting bikes around, but at double or triple the price, at least. This is my absolute choice of bike in LOS, at half or quarter price of my previous LOS bikes.

While I understand your point.. Theres a compression effect going on in the second hand market now thanks to Kwaker and perhaps economic problems and some expats / long stayers leaving.. I know of a clean CBR600 at 180, a CBR929 blade at 195 (IIRC) and I saw a Blade of the same year as mine (95 foxeye probably the 893) with book for 120k !! Now between a 900 blade or a ER6F I would have the blade, even older and with the usual parts, service, etc issues. So it really does depend on mindset.

While its also in the 'more money' category than the ER6F theres a stunning looking 02 Duci 998 biposto down to 399 and presume offers. Different league of desirability. So theres things out there but the big thing that appeals to me is the dealer service and parts supply chain.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Im Eric from the Philippines. Guess what? Kawasaki is now offering the ER6-F but the price is Philippine peso 320,000 (226k thai bhat). I read somewhere here that the Naked ER6-N version is cheaper than this unit. Unfortunately the Kawa guys won't bring in the Naked version here. My question is are there ER6-N kit (headlamps, etc) for me to convert or make the existing Fairings for ER6-F as spare parts for future use. I really like the naked look. If so, would you kindly give me some contacts.

thanks