Police Volunteer Visa

Never heard about a "police volunteer" visa but a recent (closed) post tends to prove that it exists and that some farangs can get it.

Could it be that we have a pinned post mentionning what exactly is needed to get it?

Speak and write Thai?

Long stay, short stay?

It worse having a complete topic on this, no?

The topic mentioned was closed because it had evolved into bashing of police volunteers and the OP himself and with his consent it was closed.

If you read through that topic you will find that the OP has been an active volunteer for a consdieratble amount of time. His extension is probably one of first and may be the only one granted.

If you want iformation on becoming a volunteer you should contact a person that it is already one and ask them.

Most who are already volunteers are on long stay extesnions they got for other reasons.

I have changed the topic title from “Police Volunteer” to “Police Volunteer Visa” because it is a visa that AFHH asks about in the original post of this topic.

If somebody wants to know how to become a police volunteer, please start a new topic about this in the forum “General topics”. This here forum is all about visas, extensions of stay, permanent residency, work permits.

--

Maestro

...knowing the Thai police the question I'd like to ask is "is there a Police complaints div?".....and who picks them? :o

Your post makes no sense to me but before deciding what to do with it I’d like to ask you to explain what you mean with “Police complanints div” and why you believe that it should be considered to be on the topic of “Thai visas, residency and work permits”

--

Maestro

Perhaps Simon (the OP of the other thread) would be so kind as to clarify the actual type of his visa (e.g. non-immigrant 'O', etc.). I doubt that there exists anything specifically classified as a "police volunteer visa" per se.

Edited by ovenman

Calling it a visa is the wrong term. He has been granted an extension of stay. I think it falls under under this clause of the police order.

2.27 In the case of performing a duty or task for a government agency or state enterprise or other government agency or embassy or consulate or an International organization:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 90 days at a time. Except in special circumstances where

individuals need could be granted not more than 1 year

(1) Confirmation and request has been made by a government agency at the level of department or equivalent, or police office or government agency attached to the Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police Headquarters, or the Army, Navy or Air Forces, whose rank of Major General, Navy Major General, Air Force Major general or higher or by the international organization.

(2) In case of applicant needs to stay longer than 90 days, the competent official will request to the Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police Headquarters or Deputy of the Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police Headquarters to consider the application.

There is no police volunteer visa or extension. How ever volunteer work qualifies one for a non-immigrant visa, class O and subsequent extensions. Simon43 can have an extension based on 2.21, but as Joe pointed out, 2.27 would also be possible. And that is probalby why he doesn't know yet if he will get an extension for 90 days (2.27) or 1 year (2.21).