Ban Krut Beach, 4 Hours South Of Bkk By Train

saeanao

Not getting any replies in the travel forum so would appreaciate any information on this beach,

I am looking for a quite beach whithin a resonable distance of Bangkok

"I was planning a holiday at Ban Krut beach but have recently heard that the beach is pretty dirty and there is a lot of fish farming in the area.

Can any one who has recently been there give me an update."

Thanks

Hi, as far as water quality and clarity is concerned then the water doesn't get good for swimming or snorkelling till you get down as far as Bang Sapan. There are some really nice unspoilt deserted beaches between Bang Sapan and Chumphon. A few small resorts and makes for a good chill out / top the batteries up weekend. Mrs H2O and I used to ride up from Chumphon for the weekend. Not expensive either. I hope this has helped :o

Hi, as far as water quality and clarity is concerned then the water doesn't get good for swimming or snorkelling till you get down as far as Bang Sapan. There are some really nice unspoilt deserted beaches between Bang Sapan and Chumphon. A few small resorts and makes for a good chill out / top the batteries up weekend. Mrs H2O and I used to ride up from Chumphon for the weekend. Not expensive either. I hope this has helped :o

Great beaches down Chumphon totally empty and good islands offshore for coral.

post-66436-1235371578_thumb.jpg

Hi if you want nice beaches with some nice beach bars and retaurants but nothing too crazy then Thung Wae Leng beach in Chumphon is perfect. A 2 km pristine beach with good swimming and snorkelling and some cheap accom and food places. Its 12 km North of Chumphon. Also goes by the name of Cabana beach after the resort there. Check out the Mali blues bar as you turn onto the beach. The Thai guy there plays the most amazing blues guitar I've heard in a long time.

The Cabana resort sells itself as a 5 star resort and it is nice just about 10 years out of date. That said if you forget about the old style accom the place is lovely. Further along the bay there are many cheap accom, bars and restaurants. Go mid week and you can have the beach to your self. Nobody hassling you to buy anything and the water is clean, no currents and slopes gently so is good for children.It gets popular with Thais at the weekend and lots go there from BKK. website here

http://www.cabana.co.th/

Enjoy :o