Des Res

TBWG

Wots it all about!

As I travel around the country or more particularly Isaan I see all the legacies of Thaksins attempt to provide cheap affordable housing for the poor.

Now personally I would rather insert red hot chilli peppers up my anus :o than live in these houses and I dread to think what they would be like after 6 months when the Buffalo, pigs, chickens, ......... insert as necessary have moved in downstairs. Not to mention when Somchai arrives home pi***d on the motorsai and cant tell one house from another.

But it does seem a shame that these almost completed houses are now standing empty and deserted. I have heard all the various stories as to why... corruption, poor quality, revenge on Thaksin. But does anyone have any inside info on the true reason?

TBWG :D

I've been to 1 estate they were okay inside, small

about 499 all up approx 20 occupied!

ALL the same, suppose if you had 2 together you could join them

will look like a ghetto after a few years imo.

was told they are still being assigned but

with the continual gov bs everything get put on hold, trying to weed out the false applicants, or who knows???

rent to own? not sure. about 2500bht mth

other info/rumour from another estate was that no one want them as no occupation=ghosts.

where specifically did you see those empty housings?

sounds interesting topic

In my own town ... Satuk also Buriram as well as Korat and Chom Phrung spl near Phi Mai. But I gather they are all over Issan and even perhaps further afield!

As for Judas you are a smooth talking, silver tongued individual and you may have just convinced me to try it! :o

TBWG :D

There are plenty around Ubon City leaving out toward Amnat. I heard they had plans to build more, even though the first phase was not complete or taken. Not sure if phase 2 went ahead or not but most Thais don't like the look of them and label them chicken pens.