Should You Tell Them?

jayenram

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this was happening in your own country, would you tell them, i would :D

the point is friends are friends, f they can't accept this, move on :o

the fact is in all societies there are people looking for smooches, <deleted>, wussies, to milk you, so as they say, always caveat emptor :D

au revoir

I once told my best friend's latest gall that he was just going to "dog" here...shit backfired and she told him what I said. He got ticked at me and it hurt our friendship for a period of time. Needless to say he went on to "dog" many more and she got "dogged" and we're back to being friends. He's a Sheriff now in San Francisco.

I say counsel a friend to teach their woman who is the "Kingfish"...the "Kingfish" will walk in a heart beat if his woman tries to "dog" him :o

I've found that a lot of friends in dodgy circumstances will also compensate for their queasy feelings by getting uptight about what they see as fishy signs in everyone ELSE's partners. The "take the mote of dust out of your eye instead of the log out of MY eye" effect, I suppose.

"Steven"

• 2 weeks later...

New one (at least to me):

Guy meets a girl at some Thai resort. She takes him home to meet the family and marries him (pig's head). He returns home and converses by eMail for 18 months but then she stops responding. 3 months later he arrives in Surin looking for her. As he was apparently totalled at the time of the wedding, his only knowledge of the family village is that it was a 30 minute tuk-tuk drive from the bus station. He now has a quest. However, he knows her first name!

:o

It's true!

I once told my best friend's latest gall that he was just going to "dog" here...shit backfired and she told him what I said. He got ticked at me and it hurt our friendship for a period of time. Needless to say he went on to "dog" many more and she got "dogged" and we're back to being friends. He's a Sheriff now in San Francisco.

I say counsel a friend to teach their woman who is the "Kingfish"...the "Kingfish" will walk in a heart beat if his woman tries to "dog" him  :D

What the h.ell are you talking about? :o

I'm in the middle of this little dilemma myself and it isn't easy to answer.... I have a friend (not that close, met for the first time at my wedding last April and his gf is a neighbour) he started by asking my advice on how to get a UK Visit Visa for his gf, and it has now moved on to how to get married.

He's not exactly an inexperienced visitor, but let's just say that he has developed a bit of tunnel vision (and he is only 24)

I've personally witnessed (not that close up... Ok) what his gf does to get a bit of spending money (with both farangs and Thai)... god only knows why with the amounts he is sending her.

It's a worry because I nearly got burned a few years ago and I know how blind you can be when you just don't want to know or be told.

I have decided that I am going to bite my tongue and keep quiet and just hope that he discovers something when he goes again next month.... if he does find out, I'll be there to console him (and claim that I didn't know) .... I just hope he does before he signs anything.

I've personally witnessed (not that close up... Ok) what his gf does to get a bit of spending money (with both farangs and Thai)... god only knows why with the amounts he is sending her.

I cant understand why some guy would send money like that. I cant understand why so many fall for the gem scam.

Tomorrow I am going to the wedding of a Thai lady we met a few weeks ago and her UK boyfriend. They met a year ago in Thailand and she got a 6 month fiancée visa in August 2004 so that she could visit the UK. I think they got the settlement visa because it was easier than applying for a visitor visa (perhaps due to her not having a proper job in Thailand). Almost at the last minute they decided to get married in the UK before her visa expires in February.

The strange thing is that she wants to go back to Issan immediately and buy land (from her family) and start building a house for the next few months. The land is going to cost 150,000b and building the house a load more. Considering the fact that their relationship is not that secure, the last thing they need is an extended separation immediately after they get married. There are already signs of serious problems with their relationship which the Thai girl has confided to my wife.

The guy getting married seems to be a little green on Thai legal matters and property law. I don't think he realises that all the money he puts into a Thai property he may never see again if the marriage has problems and the property is in his wife's name. I think he feels that he is investing is a retirement home - he is 58, she is 38 - but he has no property in the UK and needs to save in order to have a pension to live on in his retirement.

I can't help feeling that this guy is being railroaded into parting with his life savings and will be left with nothing if things don't work out. After all - renting in Thailand is cheap - you don't have to own a house.

Edited by ghengis

I can't help feeling that this guy is being railroaded into parting with his life savings and will be left with nothing if things don't work out. After all - renting in Thailand is cheap - you don't have to own a house.

And what if he dies when she is 50, what will she do in her rented house?

The thing is what you guys do not seem to understand is this, without some security for a woman of any race, you will not be much of a catch, even in a country where the woman can claim social security when you die. So in Thailand a skint bloke looking to settle down with a woman 20 or 30 years younger than himself don't really have much to offer a woman that will get old and be alone and be unable to pay the rent and have nothing.

I think Thai women get the wrong end of the relationship with a Farang on too many occasions.

I recommend every Thai girl that some Farang shows interest in to Secure some land and a house before wasting a few years on the Farang, I have seen so many farangs leave Thai women with nothing and run off with some 18 year old cutie, they have to get what they can while they can...........I would if it was me.

Rod Stewart gets women cos he has money, it has cost Rod Millions in settlements and possesions over the years. You guys can get young women in a poor country cos you are relatively rich compared to them, but there is always a price to pay, ask Rod.

My best mate here (professional, 40yo, 8 years in Thailand) is seeing a BG. He thinks that she's exclusively his, but I know one of her regulars. I can't believe he's so naive. I keep trying to get him to think about the situation, but I can't just tell him, as lurve tends to mess up one's thinking somewhat. Maybe I should get video evidence.....?

Hey marmite.. It's not you that's 'dogging' your mate's bitch is it? (???)

He knows he's playing with fire, he's been here long enough, we've all got mates with birds that were once in that line of work. The truth is that they don't want you to know, so they deny it.. Let him get on with it...

just last week I saw a girl I know in Big C - she proudly introduced me to her Australian boyfriend. Told me about how he is paying for her English lessons, and hairdressing lessons, and the apartment, etc etc.

I happen to know she is married to a Thai man [a dj...]

Did I tell the Ozzie? well I didn't get a chance, but anyhow I don't think I would. 5 years ago I might have, but now...

And what if he dies when she is 50, what will she do in her rented house?

The thing is what you guys do not seem to understand is this, without some security for a woman of any race, you will not be much of a catch, even in a country where the woman can claim social security when you die. So in Thailand a skint bloke looking to settle down with a woman 20 or 30 years younger than himself don't really have much to offer a woman that will get old and be alone and be unable to pay the rent and have nothing.

Rod Stewart gets women cos he has money, it has cost Rod Millions in settlements and possesions over the years. You guys can get young women in a poor country cos you are relatively rich compared to them, but there is always a price to pay, ask Rod.

First question: <deleted> is Rod Stewart? Second question: do I really care, anyway?

My FG is not rich and neither am I (although, relatively, I'm not short of a few bob). Do you live here?

First question: <deleted> is Rod Stewart? Second question: do I really care, anyway?

Rod Stewart - Wikipedia

he's a singer who made enough money to buy a football team, [as Khun Taksin didn't quite manage to do, last year] amongst other things.

also, this:

"Stewart has been known for his liaisons with attractive women, including Britt Ekland and was later married to Alana Hamilton and Rachel Hunter. He fathered six children. He was quoted as saying that he'd rather have his penis cut off than cheat on her. He was later sued for divorce on the grounds of adultery."

also, this:

"Stewart has been known for his liaisons with attractive women, including Britt Ekland and was later married to Alana Hamilton and Rachel Hunter. He fathered six children. He was quoted as saying that he'd rather have his penis cut off than cheat on her. He was later sued for divorce on the grounds of adultery."

Ah! Someone I really want to know then?

:o

I prefer to be ignorant.

just last week I saw a girl I know in Big C - she proudly introduced me to her Australian boyfriend. Told me about how he is paying for her English lessons, and hairdressing lessons, and the apartment, etc etc.

Did I tell the Ozzie? well I didn't get a chance, but anyhow I don't think I would. 5 years ago I might have, but now...

well, like a have a mate, who's thai gal is pregnant and he's shagging around every night, do i tell his teeruk :o

well, like a have a mate, who's thai gal is pregnant and he's shagging around every night, do i tell his teeruk :o

Yea, I know loads of blokes that shag around while the unsuspecting wife or GF is sat at home watching TV or Washing their clothes or cooking their meals.

Should I also tell the women, or is it OK for men to do it, and if it is, why is it OK for men but not women?

In Europe nearly every married woman I knew shagged around at some stage, I shagged loads of wives in my time, not many where mine though. Thai women are very tame compared with women in the liberated west.

Yea, I know loads of blokes that shag around while the unsuspecting wife or GF is sat at home watching TV or Washing their clothes or cooking their meals.

Should I also tell the women,  or is it OK for men to do it, and if it is, why is it OK for men but not women?

In Europe nearly every married woman I knew shagged around at some stage, I shagged loads of wives in my time, not many where mine though. Thai women are very tame compared with women in the liberated west.

Some of these Muslim countries have the right idea when it comes to keeping their women in check.

And what kind of woman would cheat with another man (not father) whilst carrying a child? I feel physically sick thinking about that.

Edited by medicinebox