Want To Rent A Car Anytime In 2009 ?

siam2007

just a hint, in case you are planning some trips within Thailand during the next 12 months.

on thursday 26th of february, the next TOURISM FAIR opens its doors at the Queen Sirikit Center (direct access via MRT).

while many of the offers are not very useful for someone who can not speak or read Thai, there are still some good deals to be had at the booths of the several car-rental companies.

last year, I bought 8 one-day-vouchers for an economy car (which when I used it then, turned out to be a brandnew Honda jazz !) at just 700 baht each. they even gave me one extra voucher as a "discount", without beeing asked for that. that was from Budget, but Avis, National and the likes had similar good deals. there was no blackout-period for those vouchers, only that it could be used during the week. if you wanted to use on a weekend-day, u would have to pay another 200 baht at the branch where you pick up the car.

the price included Insurance with 8000 Baht excess/cost sharing.

EDIT:

I should add the vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.

some airlines had VERY good deals there too. usually ALL local Thai airlines are present there, as well as several international Airlines. I remember that last year, it was Emirates, Austrian, Air Astana.....

If you have a friend / partner who is THAI or speaks Thai, or if you speak Thai yourself (gladly my Thai has improved 300% since last year :o ), it is definitely worth going.

avoid saturday/sunday, as HORDS of Thai families will invade the place (well, this fair in fact IS for THEM and not for Farang).

and even if you dont speak Thai, you will still be able to get some good deals, particularly if you already know what you exactly are looking for......

Post scriptum:

oh, somebody join me to go there in THURSDAY ?

Edited by siam2007

there are actually MANY hotels (big chains, as well as independently owned hotels) which have their own booth and offer special rates. though, I cannot judge if what is on offer would satisfy you.

as well there are travel agents and booking-systems who often have plenty of promotions available.

usually MANY of those offers are only available THERE during the 4 days of the fair.

I would recommend to take the time and go there once, so you can find out by yourself if what this fair offers is useful for you.