Distance And Driving Time From Pattay To Phuket

jumpstart

Ok. First of all, I drive harley... uhummmm.... I mean a scooter that stalls out every now and then. But, my question is how long it would take to drive from Pattaya to Phuket. I really would like to travel, but taking taxis sort of limits my freedom once I actually arrive in town. Just heading a direction and exploring is more of my style, not actually telling a Taxi driver where to go. So, how long is the drive to Phuket and would it be safe on a scooter?

Ok. First of all, I drive harley... uhummmm.... I mean a scooter that stalls out every now and then. But, my question is how long it would take to drive from Pattaya to Phuket. I really would like to travel, but taking taxis sort of limits my freedom once I actually arrive in town. Just heading a direction and exploring is more of my style, not actually telling a Taxi driver where to go. So, how long is the drive to Phuket and would it be safe on a scooter?

I just took a trip down to the south last weekend. It took us 10 hours (including 1 hour break for lunch) and about 800km to reach Kuraburi, which is 180km away from Phuket. So I guess you can calculate briefly from there.

Oh, and also, the road from Pattaya all the way till Chumphon is fine but right after that, you've got lots of turns and twists. It was fun at the begin ning but you get really fed up and tired by the end cos it's really difficult to drive that way especially when there's quite a lots of huge trucks and tour buses along the road too. And from Chumphon onwards, try to drive during daytime. It's a lot easier and less dangerous cos the roads are not well lit.

I'm sure you could hire a scooter in Phuket so you don't have to risk your life on the highways.

It took me 12 hours solid driving in a car to do Phuket to Pattaya so on a scooter I'd guess longer so you might like to think of stopping on the way there / back at Hua Hin and/or Chumpon.

I'm sure you could hire a scooter in Phuket so you don't have to risk your life on the highways.

It took me 12 hours solid driving in a car to do Phuket to Pattaya so on a scooter I'd guess longer so you might like to think of stopping on the way there / back at Hua Hin and/or Chumpon.

Not if you were riding a maxi scooter. I figured that was what the OP was considering for the journey because doing it on a 125cc scooter wouldn't be a great idea.

Pattaya parent do you know the distance from Phuket to Hua Hin Please?

I don't normally answer people with this attitude but this time I will.

Get a map and figure it out yourself!

The next thing you will ask for is how much gas you need.

Phuket is a long dam* way and maybe 1000 Km and on a bike of any kind is going to be a long ride unless you spend many hours in the saddle training for this ride. Plan on at least 1 maybe 2 overnight stops.

I once did this trip (ok twice actually...going and return) and it took me 13 hours one way, with a 1 hour rest/lunch break around the half-way point of Chompon. It was quite a grueling drive...decent roads most of the time and traffic was fine...just darn long. I would not do it all at once again but instead go half-way and overnite around Chompon.

You can drive from Phuket to Hua Hin/Cha Am in about seven or eight hours, I've made the trip at least six times - it's mostly a good fast road but I reckon your chances of making the trip on a scooter alive are close to about thirty per cent - the problem is that traffic usual travels along at around 120 and there is a heavy concentration of buses and trucks who really won't know or care too much if they squash the odd scooter or two. Anyway, that fact notwithstanding, Hua Hin to Bangkok is around two and a half hours and then Bangkok to Pattaya is another one and a half to two and a half hours, based on traffic and time of day. All the foregoing assumes you drive a car and are prepared to give it a bit of "wellie" when conditions permit. In summary, figure between eleven and thirteen hours for the trip.

I don't normally answer people with this attitude but this time I will. So Dont

Get a map and figure it out yourself! Very Rude and I am sure an answer any legitimate question you might have in the same manner wouldn't be appreciated

The next thing you will ask for is how much gas you need. rude again, you are doing well

Phuket is a long dam* way and maybe 1000 Km and on a bike of any kind is going to be a long ride unless you spend many hours in the saddle training for this ride. Plan on at least 1 maybe 2 overnight stops. Maybe he doesnt care and wants to take the scenic route and tour thailand, maybe i can go with him

I believe this forum is for questions to be asked from people with experience on things. You don't have to read it, nor comment on it, if it displeases you

or did you wake up with a hangover today? :o

970 Kilometres (600 miles) Central Pattaya to Phuket town, 990 kilometres if going on to Patong. :o

Sounds about right, it means an average speed of around 75/80 km per hour. Most of the road is very fast but much time lost between Cha Am and the Pattaya expressway.

You can take a bus, train or plane and then rent a motor bike upon arrival. Will need passport. Just wear your helmet as you'll get stopped when you approach a police box for a 500 baht fine and under seat search. It's so touristy as they come. I wouldn't ride all the way down there on a scooter. A 250CC bike could do it, but the 100CC bikes like Honda Dream are too small and slow for good highway cruisin so you'd just be shouldering the left shoulder the whole time with a major back ache.

The easy way is a RT flight from Bangkok and then rent a motor bike ASAP so you don't have to rely on the songtheaw mafia crooks who over charge and make you wait too long.