Shell Petrol Stations

markg

Last week i went to the Shell petrol station on the Kata road, near the Green Man and not far from Chalong circle.

They didnt have 91 octane gasoline for my motorbike.

They had 95 gasohol and something called Shell V-Power which the girl said was 'similar' to 91 octane but was very expensive. It's 35 baht a litre.

Today i went to the brand new petrol station on Chao Fa West, near Rolly Taskers sail loft, and the same thing there. No 91 grade juice, just 95 gasohol and shell v-power.

I didnt fill up.

Questions. Does anyone know what exactly Shell v-power petrol is...........is it 91 octane petrol or not? Is it more expensive than regular 91 grade juice?

My motorbike is a 1 year old Honda Wave and the fuel filler cap clearly says 91 grade petrol on it.

I've heard that 95 gasohol can corrode rubber hoses and such like so dont want to use it on a regular basis.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

The new Shell station on Chao Fa West is where I have been buying 95 octane benzine at about 35 baht. I noticed that the Shell place near Greenman was selling something called V-power at about 35 baht, so I guessed it might be 95 benzine. Hard to reconcile why 91 benzine is so much cheaper (about 26 baht) than 95 benzine.

The new Shell station on Chao Fa West is where I have been buying 95 octane benzine at about 35 baht. I noticed that the Shell place near Greenman was selling something called V-power at about 35 baht, so I guessed it might be 95 benzine. Hard to reconcile why 91 benzine is so much cheaper (about 26 baht) than 95 benzine.

The staff at the new one on Chao Fah must have been 7/11 rejects they are so dumb.

If you were to add 11 to the IQ of one of them it would still struggle to make double figures.

The staff at the new one on Chao Fah must have been 7/11 rejects they are so dumb.

If you were to add 11 to the IQ of one of them it would still struggle to make double figures.

VERY NICE REMARK<you made that all up yourself.

Last week i went to the Shell petrol station on the Kata road, near the Green Man and not far from Chalong circle.

They had 95 gasohol and something called Shell V-Power which the girl said was 'similar' to 91 octane but was very expensive. It's 35 baht a litre.

Today i went to the brand new petrol station on Chao Fa West, near Rolly Taskers sail loft, and the same thing there. No 91 grade juice, just 95 gasohol and shell v-power.

I didnt fill up.

Questions. Does anyone know what exactly Shell v-power petrol is...........is it 91 octane petrol or not? Is it more expensive than regular 91 grade juice?

My motorbike is a 1 year old Honda Wave and the fuel filler cap clearly says 91 grade petrol on it.

I've heard that 95 gasohol can corrode rubber hoses and such like so dont want to use it on a regular basis.

I have a 7 months old Yamaha Nouvo Excellence, on the fuel cap it is clearly marked 91 Green which is gasahol. I have always fuelled up at PTT servos with the 7/11 sign on them as the PTT servos with the Jiffy sign on them a lot dont have 91 gasahol although they all carry 91 red. I have travelled 7000k to date with no problems. It is all rubbish about the gasahol eating the rubbers, Yamaha would not recommend it if it did. :o .

Many apologies if i'm wrong, but i was under the impression that 91 is NOT gasohol, but is regular gasoline.

I thought gasohol was only available as an option for 95 grade gasoline. i.e. you used to get 95 regular and 95 gasohol (2 different things) and the 95 gasohol contained about 10 percent alcohol in it.

Can someone definitively set the record straight?

Many apologies if i'm wrong, but i was under the impression that 91 is NOT gasohol, but is regular gasoline.

I thought gasohol was only available as an option for 95 grade gasoline. i.e. you used to get 95 regular and 95 gasohol (2 different things) and the 95 gasohol contained about 10 percent alcohol in it.

I thought that 91 grade was always gasoline (called benzine in Thailand) and not gasohol. But the number of choices at the pumps is bewildering these days, so maybe there is a 91 gasohol ....

I didnt fill up.

I have a 7 months old Yamaha Nouvo Excellence, on the fuel cap it is clearly marked 91 Green which is gasahol. I have always fuelled up at PTT servos with the 7/11 sign on them as the PTT servos with the Jiffy sign on them a lot dont have 91 gasahol although they all carry 91 red. I have travelled 7000k to date with no problems. It is all rubbish about the gasahol eating the rubbers, Yamaha would not recommend it if it did. :o .

Hi

Its not rubbish, but its most older bikes and cars they dont have rubber there can handle gasohol, believe me my friend have a bike shop and have bikes coming in there is damaged from gasohol, again older bikes. you want his phone number if you dont believe me???

I thought that 91 grade was always gasoline (called benzine in Thailand) and not gasohol. But the number of choices at the pumps is bewildering these days, so maybe there is a 91 gasohol ....

There are 2 pumps in the PTT servos, one pump is a red one which is being phased out 91 Red gasoline and the other is a green pump which is now in most PTT servos it is 91 Gasahol. If you look at the fuel cap of a new Yamaha Nouvo Elegance it states 91 Green Gasahol. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Huge generalisation, but i have to agree

I went into the place today as i pass it on the way to work. There are about 6 bays (i.e 12 pumps) for cars, and one bay with one pump for motorcycles.

It was about 7am.

There were, literally, 12 motorbikes at the bike pump.

And none at the car pump.

None.

So i pull onto the car pump bay.

The retard pump attendant tells me to go to the motorcy bay.

We have a discussion.

Other pump attendants come and agree, I must use the motorcy area to fill up.

I ask them to count how many people are waiting.

We all agree. 12 people are waiting

And cars?.

Again we agree. None.

Fill her up then love?

cannot.

Why?

Cannot.

Maybe i've been brought up in a Western McDonalds culture.

I have two words for the bosses at Shell.

CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Look. You want to sell gas. I want to buy. Lets make a deal...............

why make it hard for the customer.

I understand your staff cant think for themselves. But surely, SURELY they have SOME common sense...........the bay is empty, a customer wants your product.....................sodding well sell it.

Anyway i politely called the retards who work there, stupid Loatian buffalo, and left.

And i WILL NEVER USE THAT SHELL GASOLINE STATION AGAIN.

EVER.

Slight apologies for the rant. I was just angry at the lack of common sense.

The differences between car customers and motorcy customers is rarely better shown than at this particular Shell petrol station.

The bike pump is well away from the 'proper peoples' pumps'

My rant was that if 12 luxury pumps for cars are available, common sense should say that the customer should be invited to use them.................y'see that way, the customer might come back to your business and re-use your product.

I will now go out of my way to use the PTT station near wat Chalong.

I didnt fill up.

WOW.. so becuase it works on a new engine designed for it.. Then it has to work on everything.. No sh!t sherlock !!

Gasohol WILL rot rubbers seals and plastics (including carb seals and floats) on engines not designed for it..

Theres 91 and 95 for both gasohol and 'normal' gasoline..

Tho the phasing out of 91 is new (to me) and the 95 can be hard to find..

Tho the phasing out of 91 is new (to me) and the 95 can be hard to find..

All Shell stations seem to have 95 regular gas, now called V-power, and Shell don't have regular 91 any more, it's all 91 gasohol.

From this thread I realize the shell station.. but in general with Thai garages throughout the country was what I meant.. 95 regular (V-power in shell stations) has been hard to find and the stopping of 91 regular is new info..

From this thread I realize the shell station.. but in general with Thai garages throughout the country was what I meant.. 95 regular (V-power in shell stations) has been hard to find and the stopping of 91 regular is new info..

Yes ... I should have inserted 'now' before 95 regular. As off about 3 weeks ago there was only one Shell station selling 95 regular (opposite Mazda main dealer). PTT, Caltex, Esso don't have 95 regular.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you SURE v-Power is gasoline 95 ???

Cos this was in the paper a couple of weeks ago when we were having this discussion but I couldnt be bothered to retype it at the time but is now on the site.

Why Gasohol only at Shell?

I have discovered that I can no longer get gasoline for my motorcycle at Shell service stations. They now only offer gasohol. Why? It is a little inconvenient, though not a real problem as other companies do still sell gasoline – so far. Do some of them also plan to sell just gasohol in the near future?

Most cars sold in Thailand since 1995 (therefore, by implication, most cars on Thai roads but not all) are gasohol compatible. However, the same is not true of motorcycles. It is only very recently that Honda introduced a few gasohol-compatible models of motorcycle to the market. As far as I am aware, other manufacturers have yet to do so.

Gasohol plays havoc with the rubber and aluminum parts of a motorcycle’s fuel system, as I discovered when my tank was filled with gasohol by mistake. Shell’s noble policy seems somewhat misguided.

Michael Way, Phuket Town Friday, March 20, 2009

“We have stopped selling gasoline in accordance with government laws. As a result, we have had to change to simply supplying gasohol. We tried our best to phase it out as gradually as possible so people’s needs wouldn’t be overly disrupted. Soon, if they wish to comply with Thai law, no gas stations will sell gasoline, only gasohol.”

Friday, March 20, 2009 Supamad Adtapron, Shell Head Office

That seems to say in no uncertain terms that they are not selling any non gasohol products..

Could v-power be gasohol 95 ??