Carling Cup Final

binnsy

Which bar would you recommend watching the above ?

Hi Brinnsy, just posted on the footy forum what about a cup final gathering (or pissup) on Sunday I suggested The Crossbar as Brian a pretty nice guy ( but he is NO Man Utd Supporter) :o

BT :D

Man U Bar on soi 11 is not the place to watch the Game,, Very Sterile place with no atmosphere.. and expensive to boot .. Have been in twice . Talked to Staff about drinks available, pricing etc .. Just to give me time to get a feel for the place, then went elsewhere

Yes went back second time to see if any better and it was not

Agree with previous post that the Crossbar on soi 23 is a great place for all sports .. Large bar , 4 flat screen Tv. Have 4 draft beers on tap .

( Yes am a Pint man ) They also dont short you on spirits either . No ++ charges . and Brian the congenial host gives a warm welcome to all ... location map at website thecrossbarbangkok.com

Man U Bar on soi 11 is not the place to watch the Game,, Very Sterile place with no atmosphere.. and expensive to boot .. Have been in twice . Talked to Staff about drinks available, pricing etc .. Just to give me time to get a feel for the place, then went elsewhere

Agree with previous post that the Crossbar on soi 23 is a great place for all sports .. Large bar , 4 flat screen Tv. Have 4 draft beers on tap .

( Yes am a Pint man ) They also dont short you on spirits either . No ++ charges . and Brian the congenial host gives a warm welcome to all ... location map at website thecrossbarbangkok.com

silly question on my part but does Brian have the ability to show this game because from what I can tell it wont be on UBC or thai tv - does he have different channels for this? Cheers.

silly question on my part but does Brian have the ability to show this game because from what I can tell it wont be on UBC or thai tv - does he have different channels for this? Cheers.

Well won't be on UBC, but do we know for sure whether or not it will be one of the Thai channels?

and Dan.... you should see what all the footie fans have to say about the Ma*U bar :o

Do you have a link? Only one I could find was this, which is a very short thread...

Dannie

the fact that its so short should speak for itself :D

plus read this:

Mrtoad said:

Even as a United fan, I'm going to make sure that I avoid this place. Sounds like a pile of <deleted>.

he said it not me. :D

It's on Supersport 3 so no problem watching the game in The Crossbar.

Spoke to Brian at lunchtime and he confirmed that he would have commentary on the match plus also the tests in SA and W Indies (providing the match isnt finnished by Sunday) :o

Cricket oh my. :D

Will see you guys down at The Crossbar, few of the Vet's football lads and the usual crew all heading down. Brian confirmed he will be showing the game. I've just got a nice Man Utd Shirt with Brian printed on the back. Sure that he'll be happy with that :o:D

Spoke to Brian at lunchtime and he confirmed that he would have commentary on the match plus also the tests in SA and W Indies (providing the match isnt finnished by Sunday) :o

Didn't you know that they play Cricket at Old Trafford? :D

Didn't you know that they play Cricket at Old Trafford? :D

Mr Toad don't start James again - He has neer been to Old Trafford :D:D

BT :wai:

watched it on channel 7.piss poor coverage,bad reception.lousy commentry,neither side fielding strongest team(i know some were cup tied on the spurs team)................total waste of time,was flicking backwards and forwards between carling cup and the aston villa/stoke game which villa happily threw away.

Back to the carling cup,does anyone(maanagers)take it seriously,i think not,same as the UEFA cup,fielding 2nd. eleven teams,its all a joke.

Only 2 things matter,the champions league,premiership title,and for the teams below no. 6 position,relegation,so thats three things.

Mostly agree with Samui's post.

Basically about half of Man U's side were reserves and thanks to Spurs inability to take penalties, the northern side got Ferguson out of jail for fielding 2nd raters. Well done the goallie, considering he is 3rd choice.

Tottenham should be embarassed as they could not even beat a second string Manchester team.

And if I was paying to go to the game I would not be happy to basically see both teams treating the match as in effect unimportant which is an insult to paying customers.

Edited by R123

Basically about half of Man U's side were reserves and thanks to Spurs inability to take penalties, the northern side got Ferguson out of jail for fielding 2nd raters. Well done the goallie, considering he is 3rd choice.

Tottenham should be embarassed as they could not even beat a second string Manchester team.

Second string? Ronaldo, Tevez, Scholes, Nani, Evra, Rio, Evans, Oshea, (simpson and foster), subs Vidic, Giggs

Ok, no berba and rooney but spurs didnt / couldnt play keane, palacios also.

And if I was paying to go to the game I would not be happy to basically see both teams treating the match as in effect unimportant which is an insult to paying customers.

I think most fans go to these matches expecting less than full strength squads. Fergie stated he would stick with the kids for two weeks now.

Foster only 3rd choice because of his injuries, as you can see last night, clearly not a 3rd stringer.

Second string? Ronaldo, Tevez, Scholes, Nani, Evra, Rio, Evans, Oshea, (simpson and foster), subs Vidic, Giggs

Ok, no berba and rooney but spurs didnt / couldnt play keane, palacios also.

I think most fans go to these matches expecting less than full strength squads. Fergie stated he would stick with the kids for two weeks now.

Foster only 3rd choice because of his injuries, as you can see last night, clearly not a 3rd stringer.

still a piss poor game,2nd stringers utd.could n't even get a goal with that clown in spurs goal.maybe time to change this cup tied business too.just winding you up!

Couple of points .Firstly Ben Foster is not third choice keepr. He has had 2 cruciate ligament operations and is finding his way back. When Van der Sar retires Ben Foster will be Man U no 1 goalie for many years and most likely Englands too. Fosters performances for Watford,when he went on loan were magnificent.

Secondly Man U doesnt have reserves .Its a squad game and thats why Ferguson can chop and change and still get results.

Thirdly Ferguson has been saying for weeks that he was going to play a few of the younger squad members so it should have come as no surprise. Thats one reason why United are so successful .They dont leave players sitting in the stands they give them a go and they blossom . Evans , The 2 Da Silva Boys etc

Just a quick thanks to Brian @ The Crossbar, for making it an enjoyable evening. Wasn't the best game, but a good night enjoyed by all. The free Pasties and Sausage rolls were great. :o

The match is scheduled for Thai TV Channel 7 at 10pm on Sunday.

Thank you for the info "delboy" :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win, living in the counrty-side, its Ture, its True :D UBC

A very big ' Thank You' to you "delboy", watched the game with English commentry on Chanel No. 7 with, Nivea and all the milk adverts to boot. :o

Thanking you once again, :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D