Best School

beswick

Dear all,

Can anybody shed some light on if this school has improved or got worse? I heard the Head foreign principal has now gone and the whole school is run by Thai teachers? Have they made any effort to deliver a good education or even improve the facilities?

Cheers

Dear all,

Can anybody shed some light on if this school has improved or got worse? I heard the Head foreign principal has now gone and the whole school is run by Thai teachers? Have they made any effort to deliver a good education or even improve the facilities?

Cheers

The Foreign Principal is back again? I saw him back at the school about 3 months ago. He left again? He has been back more times than a Yo-Yo. Not exactly an advertisement for stabilty. :o

Dear all,

Cheers

There have been so many threads regarding this school in the past too which i have honestly contributed, most of the replies are of a negative nature.

I worked at the school for nearly five years (resigning august 2005)and my child a student from k2 to now just completing p2.We are moving away from Pattaya so i feel easier about this final contribution ref this school.

The place is a joke school and expensive joke at that.....the negatives are far too many to mention but i do feel the blame for the majority of these bad points should not be laid at the feet of the teachers but the owner, ive seen on a daily basis that most of the staff are diligent and try to do a good job - a job that must rank as one of the most important proffessions of all. Ive seen and experienced firsthand how the staff are treated and paid so badly any interest they started off with is drained from them by the actions of the owner, this the owner that has not been to the school grounds in person in years and is ripping off not only the parents and students at the school but the teaching staff as well THE BLAME MUST LAY FIRMLY AT THE FEET OF THIS PERSON NOT THE STAFF SHE THROWS ORDERS AT.

In the past i have been berrated or its said i had an axe to grind about the school ,, this is simply not the case and what i have written in the past 100% accurate and i have indeed made my feeling known to the owner directly. After being ignored and fobbed off im so relieved my childs time at Best is over , lots say there are no alternatives in Pattaya thats not far wrong but locally REPS in Bang Chang is excellent in everyway that Best is not . I would rather have my child in a Thai school in northern isaan where we are moving to then carry on at Best .

I would just like to say to any of the teachers who work at Best who see this post - thankyou for trying in a difficult environment - good luck .

yours .... a parent happy to be leaving BEST / PATTAYA

Dear all,

Cheers

There have been so many threads regarding this school in the past too which i have honestly contributed, most of the replies are of a negative nature.

I worked at the school for nearly five years (resigning august 2005)and my child a student from k2 to now just completing p2.We are moving away from Pattaya so i feel easier about this final contribution ref this school.

The place is a joke school and expensive joke at that.....the negatives are far too many to mention but i do feel the blame for the majority of these bad points should not be laid at the feet of the teachers but the owner, ive seen on a daily basis that most of the staff are diligent and try to do a good job - a job that must rank as one of the most important proffessions of all. Ive seen and experienced firsthand how the staff are treated and paid so badly any interest they started off with is drained from them by the actions of the owner, this the owner that has not been to the school grounds in person in years and is ripping off not only the parents and students at the school but the teaching staff as well THE BLAME MUST LAY FIRMLY AT THE FEET OF THIS PERSON NOT THE STAFF SHE THROWS ORDERS AT.

In the past i have been berrated or its said i had an axe to grind about the school ,, this is simply not the case and what i have written in the past 100% accurate and i have indeed made my feeling known to the owner directly. After being ignored and fobbed off im so relieved my childs time at Best is over , lots say there are no alternatives in Pattaya thats not far wrong but locally REPS in Bang Chang is excellent in everyway that Best is not . I would rather have my child in a Thai school in northern isaan where we are moving to then carry on at Best .

I would just like to say to any of the teachers who work at Best who see this post - thankyou for trying in a difficult environment - good luck .

After reading your post I can only hope you were not teaching english at the school. :o

Further on,if you think the school is that bad then why you left your child at it all that time.There are lot's of other choices in the nearby area.

My son use to go to this school, from Kindergarten through P-3. When Stuart Yates was the principal, this school was excellent. The owner made frequent appearances. What I think has happened throughout the years is that when Stuart Yates left I think in 2005, the school was sold, but the license was not transferred, because it's almost impossible to transfer a school license in Thailand.

Barry

Dear all,

Cheers

After reading your post I can only hope you were not teaching english at the school. :o

Further on,if you think the school is that bad then why you left your child at it all that time.There are lot's of other choices in the nearby area.

I dont really give a monkeys about how i write a post on a forum like this but just to ease your mind i taught primary singapore mathematics and at times abit of geography/science thrown in. what ive written is simply the truth hidden agenda or not like it or lump it mate. As for why my child has remained there so long is simple it was very easy as im a single parent and one of the Thai teachers also helped me as i worked evenings most of the time,also my child was very happy there and has many freinds. I certainly dont agree with you about the alternatives locally and there comes a time when students must progress and learn not play and be happy to go to school bcos its a joke......so please save the sarcasm and silly remarks unless u know better or youve worked at the school as well?????

I agree Rambler, you have spoken your own feelings and impressions, where as others just seem to be "Gossip Mongers", stating "facts" that are complete rubbish.

Fact: The school has not been sold to anybody, exact same ownership since it began operation.

Fact: Mr Michael has returned to the school as a teacher only, after a short stay in the uk to care for his mother.

Fact: The school has no foreign management at all, nil, zip, Zero.

Fact: The teaching staff Thai, Western and Filipino on the whole are pretty good.

Opinion: Previous eras at the school were worse than the present situation.

Opinion: Nothing will change.

Opinion: All teachers in bilingual schools are underpaid

Opinion: Reps is better than Best, if you say so...........

Opinion: Best is better than Reps, I think so....

If you want an International education for your child, there are many International Schools around.

The above are just my opinions of course..............

Good luck in the future up north Rambler.

Dear all,

Cheers

I dont really give a monkeys about how i write a post on a forum like this but just to ease your mind i taught primary singapore mathematics and at times abit of geography/science thrown in. what ive written is simply the truth hidden agenda or not like it or lump it mate. As for why my child has remained there so long is simple it was very easy as im a single parent and one of the Thai teachers also helped me as i worked evenings most of the time,also my child was very happy there and has many freinds. I certainly dont agree with you about the alternatives locally and there comes a time when students must progress and learn not play and be happy to go to school bcos its a joke......so please save the sarcasm and silly remarks unless u know better or youve worked at the school as well?????