It's Smokey In Chiang Mai

earlofwindermere

As usual, the smokey season has arrived in Northern Thailand and it's just as bad (or even worse) as it was in past years. There are several families up here who want to move to the Hua Hin area for the next month. Rather than staying at a hotel, we're hoping to find places that will rent at reasonable rates for the next month. Both families have at least 2 kids so studio apartments are not the most ideal. We've started looking at several websites but I if any of you know of a furnished place that is vacant for the next month, please pm me.

There are at least two families interested in moving. We'd be interested in one large home or two smaller homes/condos. Since we have kids, we'd ideally like to be close to a pool or not too far from the beach.

If any of you are open to a home exchange right now, we'd definitely be interested as well :o

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

Right with you on that. We went to Cha-am & Hua-Hin for 1.5 weeks at Xmas to check out the place generally and also look at rental options, with a view to escaping the filthy air this year. We are still here in the dust (for various reasons including school term). We asked about 3 month rentals which people had no problem with, but things are very competitive now so they may go for a 1 month rental.

I did add some posts to several threads in the HH sub-forum about our experiences ... including one on Hua Hin real estate agents. Scroll through and you might see them.

There are very good value rental options if you have a good hunt around - not in condos but in terrace houses or whatever they are called here (the two storey places all adjoining one another in rows). If you are prepared to live a few kms inland you can get small houses for not much more, furnished and with TV's, CD player, etc.