6 Months Accumulated Stay Annual Limit

I just heard about a Thai law which says that a foreigner with tourist visas (or visas on arrival) can not stay in Thailand for more than 6 months total (out of 1 year period). I also heard that this is not a new law, but the Thai government decided to start imposing it from 01/01/2005.

Does anyone know if this is true. Do you have any more or revised information about this issue?

I just heard about a Thai law which says that a foreigner with tourist visas (or visas on arrival) can not stay in Thailand for more than 6 months total (out of 1 year period). I also heard that this is not a new law, but the Thai government decided to start imposing it from 01/01/2005.

Does anyone know if this is true. Do you have any more or revised information about this issue?

There have been a lot of discussions last april, if there was such a law, and if it would be enforced in the future, but nothing since then.

Best would be to go to the official immigration website http://www.imm3.police.go.th and check

the website "thaiimmigration.com" is from Nong Kai, and does not always represent the intent of the immigration headquarters.

If you intent to stay permanently why not get a non-immigrant and consecutive 1-year extensions, to make it simole?