Roof Rack

samran

Hi All,

We've got an old 1996 suzuki vitara. Have emailed a couple of places looking to install a roof rack and I get the same answer - they don't stock that model.

Question: Is there a bog standard roof rack brand that would be suitable for a vitara? Roughly the same size and shape as a CRV...can't be that hard can it?

Cheers

Samran

hey samran,

I always used Yakima racks when I lived in the US - nope, check that - I actually had a Thule rack also, but I prefer Yakima racks.

If I'm not mistaken, your car is the Geo Tracker??? I only know this because I had a friend with one of those things in high school right about the time when your car was produced... Maybe I'm mistaken, but from what I've seen of the Vitaras in Thailand they remind me of the Tracker... which was a hilarious car.... but I'm sure you're happy with yours :o

Check the Yakima website, they should be able to fit racks to all cars on US roads (if your Vitara is a Tracker, then I think you're ok).

My Yakima rack (mounts, bars, bike racks, ski racks, wind faring) has been gathering dust in my garage back home for 7 years.... I've thought about shipping it here, but I can't be bothered. I actually think my Thule rack is in my garage too, if I ever get around to shipping them here you can have my Thule rack (but you'll need your own mounts to fit your specific car).

IIRC, there is a mountain bike shop on Sarasin Rd, between Wireless and Rajdamri. They have Thule racks (IIRC - see how bad my memory is....). I think they should be able to fit your car, I remember inquiring there some time ago.

Good luck. Happy racking!

hey gents,

actually looking for a bike roof rack for a lexsus RX300. its liek the Harrier,

my bro is looking for them, though not to sure what is the usall price you guys pay for the mount bracket and the actually tray thing?

if you guys can give a shop name and address that would be just great. thanks gents.