Is Acupuncture Technique Effective For Smoke Cessation?

watsonnworn

Cold Turkey exercise means quitting straight forward at once. Like just waking up after a night's sleep and deciding not to smoke anymore.

Ear acupuncture is the most common form of acupuncture treatment to help quit smoking. Often, small ear seeds can be placed with tape over the useful points in the ear, and allow you to stimulate these points at home between treatments. Do consult an acupuncturist or community acupuncture clinic where you can receive treatment several times per week.

Recently, I found a siteIt has a lot of useful information regarding quitting smoking. Basically it contains an e-book describing a proper procedure for quitting smoking, and its harmful impacts.

I am an acupuncturist & yes it is effective for people wishing to stop smoking, it works by easing withdrawal symptoms such as craving & also helps to calm nerves & speed up the removal of nicotine from the blood stream.

The one thing it can't do is give you will power but is great for those people who really do wish to give up but need help.

One treatment a week for 4 weeks is generally all thats required. Ear points are what most acupuncturists use in conjunction with 'press needles' inserted in 1 or 2 points in each ear which are gently rubbed for a few seconds when when you feel the urge to smoke. My personal sucess rate for a course of treatment is 95%.

Spiritman

• 2 months later...
I am an acupuncturist & yes it is effective for people wishing to stop smoking, it works by easing withdrawal symptoms such as craving & also helps to calm nerves & speed up the removal of nicotine from the blood stream.

The one thing it can't do is give you will power but is great for those people who really do wish to give up but need help.

One treatment a week for 4 weeks is generally all thats required. Ear points are what most acupuncturists use in conjunction with 'press needles' inserted in 1 or 2 points in each ear which are gently rubbed for a few seconds when when you feel the urge to smoke. My personal sucess rate for a course of treatment is 95%.

Spiritman

Greetings Spiritman,

I spotted your response in the "Quit Smoking" post.

I posted a query in the "Health" topic area seeking an acupuncturist in Pattaya or Bangkok as well as the availability of Wheat Grass and other Herbal Remedies.

Myself and my brother are in Pattaya and he has severe Excema. In the U.S. last year he was helped by a few treatments with the needles and the use of Wheat Grass.

Can we obtain either in Pattaya or Bangkok? If so, where?

Any help is appreciated.