What`s The Best Thing You Like About Easydoggs Last Topic

chang35baht

He gets to know what he's letting himself in for, atleast with the expat community. :o

And we get to know about an upsurge in Scurvy which will come as a surprise to most due to the massive availability of Fruit here.

As a closet gay the best things about Chiang Rai are the availability of Boy Bars but I was never going to say that in such a Thread , now , was I .

:D

Purple Haze was in my brain,

lately things don't seem the same,

actin' funny but I don't know why

'scuse me while I kiss the sky.

Purple Haze all around,

don't know if I'm coming up or down.

Am I happy or in misery?

Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me.

Purple Haze was in my eyes,

don't know if it's day or night,

you've got me blowing, blowing my mind

is it tomorrow or just the end of time?

Lots of hills burning on the way to Chiang Khong today. Probably good for the trees because the fires were not lethal for the trees.

I just got home after a week on the sea and found that the first fire of this year probably took another 50 rubbertrees and 25 lumyaitrees in our little farm.

These last 3 years we have lost 150 rubbertrees and 250 lumyaitrees and probably 100 bananaplants have to start from scratch every year.

:D:D:o

Edited by svenivan

Sven, its all just a matter of timing. Clear up the brush under your trees before the fire season and start a controlled burn to recycle the nutrients and protect your trees. If you have a creeping fire, the heat will not be too intense that it will kill your trees. You might consider doing the controlled burn when your rubber trees are wintering (not have any leaves).

I just got home after a week on the sea and found that the first fire of this year probably took another 50 rubbertrees and 25 lumyaitrees in our little farm.

These last 3 years we have lost 150 rubbertrees and 250 lumyaitrees and probably 100 bananaplants have to start from scratch every year.

Sven, its all just a matter of timing. Clear up the brush under your trees before the fire season and start a controlled burn to recycle the nutrients and protect your trees. If you have a creeping fire, the heat will not be too intense that it will kill your trees. You might consider doing the controlled burn when your rubber trees are wintering (not have any leaves).

This last fire was starting on the border to our neighbour, huge amount of bamboo that was just 10-25 meter from our trees that was affected. I had cut the grass before down to 10-15 cm so that was not the problem. It was the extreme heat from the bamboofire that took my rubbertrees. The lumyaytrees were far away but the fire was going all over the land. They are probably not dead but will not have any fruit this year. All leaves are yellow now, no flowers etc.

The rubbertrees are now 4-5 years old so 2-3 years ago they were small and were more vulnarable plus I had not started keeping the grass very short during the "fireseason".

:wai::D:D

Was it an 'act of God' or some <deleted> with matches ?

You have my sympathy, Its happened to me twice in ten years. I was on fire watch last night as were my neigbours. :D

I'm tempted to make a generalisation about these people 'again' but I won't as it upsets people :o

Lamyai doesn't take fire well. :D

Was it an 'act of God' or some <deleted> with matches ?

You have my sympathy, Its happened to me twice in ten years. I was on fire watch last night as were my neigbours. :D

I'm tempted to make a generalisation about these people 'again' but I won't as it upsets people :o

Lamyai doesn't take fire well. :D

Been real real windy today ; you'll not be surprised to hear that I've just lost 8 rai to fire, mainly young teak , someones been clearing in order to plant Rubber, The PuyaiBan is in Bangkok with his helpers for some meeting not that he's going to do anything about it. He's fond of the "This is Thailand" phrase. What makes it more laughable, and yes I am laughing because its a Joke right. The Land they are clearing is backing onto a Forest Park so its almost certainly been cleared illegally. Its the Wild Wild West :D Where's that Will Smith Character