Klaimor Hospital Chiang Mai

FarangCravings

Just got back from taking the missus to hospital where she had 21 Stitches in her head and leg after being pushed into the patio glass plate window (by a thai ghost she says :o

She was at the next door neibours and I hear an almighty crash and glass smashing, seconds later I was called by the neibours and found her unconcious with blood pissing out her head, luckily I am medically trained as I was a diving instructor for 20 years so knew what to do and quickly stopped the bleeding from her head, was more concerned she was going in and out of conciousness.

Finally she came round, at the same time her Mom fainted when she saw the blood, so now I got the missus covered in blood the mother in law passed out on the floor, 4 thai neibours yelling LOL, what a drama.

It really could of been a lot worse I still don't know what happened since the patio doors next door had curtains up, she said she felt someone (a ghost) push her from behind :D I have to laugh a bit at the ghost thing but they truly beleive it.

Anyway since I live out at Kad Farang I did not want to go all the way to ram so went to Klaimor hospital just past tesco lotus on the hang dong road and must say it was a very good hospital, doctor spoke english although seems to cater for mainly thais as i did not see another farang there.

Treatment was excellent and they stitched her up, 7 in the head wound and 14 in the leg, gave her an x ray as the head wound was quite deep all in all cost me 2300 baht including medication

Anyone else got experience from this hospital

So its been a drama of a Saturday so far hope thats it for the day :D

P.S can I get smelling salts here for the mother inlaw as whenever she see's blood she passes out

anyone know what they call smelling salts in thai

Edited by FarangCravings

Just got back from taking the missus to hospital where she had 21 Stitches in her head and leg after being pushed into the patio glass plate window (by a thai ghost she says :o

She was at the next door neibours and I hear an almighty crash and glass smashing, seconds later I was called by the neibours and found her unconcious with blood pissing out her head, luckily I am medically trained as I was a diving instructor for 20 years so knew what to do and quickly stopped the bleeding from her head, was more concerned she was going in and out of conciousness.

Finally she came round, at the same time her Mom fainted when she saw the blood, so now I got the missus covered in blood the mother in law passed out on the floor, 4 thai neibours yelling LOL, what a drama.

It really could of been a lot worse I still don't know what happened since the patio doors next door had curtains up, she said she felt someone (a ghost) push her from behind :D I have to laugh a bit at the ghost thing but they truly beleive it.

Anyway since I live out at Kad Farang I did not want to go all the way to ram so went to Klaimor hospital just past tesco lotus on the hang dong road and must say it was a very good hospital, doctor spoke english although seems to cater for mainly thais as i did not see another farang there.

Treatment was excellent and they stitched her up, 7 in the head wound and 14 in the leg, gave her an x ray as the head wound was quite deep all in all cost me 2300 baht including medication

P.S can I get smelling salts here for the mother inlaw as whenever she see's blood she passes out

Yes we have used this hospital for over a year now and had nothing but fantastic service.They picked a problem up with my wife that it turns out she as had since birth.it was picked up on a x ray but was never picked up in the uk in over 50 years.so i have nothing but praise for this hospital and its nurses and doctors.

I have only had negative experiences there. First time they triple charged my credit card for the same amount.. I found the service lacking and the doctors older and not as versed as I have experienced in Ram. This experience was about 4 years ago ... this may have changed so bear that in mind when reading this.

Yes we have used this hospital for over a year now and had nothing but fantastic service.They picked a problem up with my wife that it turns out she as had since birth.it was picked up on a x ray but was never picked up in the uk in over 50 years.so i have nothing but praise for this hospital and its nurses and doctors.

Responding late here having been away for a while.

I am not surprised that your praise Klaimor, as it has the excellent Dr Pal on its senior staff. (Some call him 'Pan').

His English is fluent and he is a very caring man. Used to be one of the directors of Chang Puak Hospital, and gave away so much treatment on the 30b healthcare scheme the place went bankrupt. The bank did a deal with Ram and, along with Lanna Hospital, it is now owned by them.

Anyway, Dr Pal can also be found on Saturday mornings and weekday late-afternoons at Klaimor's smart little clinic on Moon Muang Rd almost next door to The Kafe and almost opposite the Amora hotel. Very strongly recommended.

I just wish they'd use the correct letters for the hospital name. It should by Glymor. "Near doctor."

Gonzo beat me to it...

I got injured twice out in the countryside. Both times, the nearest Thai hospital knew how to do first aid, stitches, triage. If you are out where Jesus lost his shoes, you do not have to wait until you can get to Ram or Sripat or McCormick before the Grim Reaper hits you with a Claymore mine.

<br />It is the nearest hospital from where I live but I would not use it anymore.<br /><br />For first aid maybe, for the rest absolutely not.<br /><br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br /> My wife gave birth to our son there (by recomendation) and I was very happy with the doctor and his staff. I paid by cash and got a 5,000 baht discount over the bill, as it was printed out. I may go there next week for a complete physical while I'm back in Chaing Mai .

Quote an ordeal!! Happy to hear your wife is recovering.

I've only been to Klaimor for small stuff, and to take people who crash vehicles in front of my house, and found nothing wrong with it. :o The Mrs. likes Ram though, god knows why. Lanna is my preferred hospital, that's my social insurance hospital anyway.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I was curious to see where the hospital is and I found the following address on the web but I couldn't locate the address on the google map.

10 Chiangmai-Hod Rd., Padad, Muang, Chiang Mai 50100

can someone describe where it is?

I was curious to see where the hospital is and I found the following address on the web but I couldn't locate the address on the google map.

10 Chiangmai-Hod Rd., Padad, Muang, Chiang Mai 50100

can someone describe where it is?

Head out past the airport ont he hand dong road and just before you get to the tesco lotus its on the left hand side not too well sign posted but you would see the big first aid cross sign and its right there just by the 7 eleven

It is the nearest hospital from where I live but I would not use it anymore.

For first aid maybe, for the rest absolutely not.

More information please as to why?.

No, I have no interest in explaining why.

I don't have time to write for a complete page.

half a story chav waste of time posting then

half a story chav waste of time posting then

I agree.

Stating a negative opinion without some information to back it up, is a waste of bandwidth and a disservice to the subject of the opinion.

I took a friend in to see a doctor. I had already looked up what I thought was wrong with him on the net and took down the recommended medication. When we saw the doctor, he also came to the same reasoning as to what my friend had. He then started going overboard on medication that was not needed or suggested anywhere on the net. I think questioned the doctor about the meds that I had seen online and he said he was not clear about these meds being used for said illness. He looked on the net and said your right... and then began to write a script out for the meds specified on the web in addition to some meds that were not needed. He was an old guy and he looked half asleep when we had our visit. I will give another negative experience when I have some more time.

Doctor was a young guy everyone seemed friendly and efficient and the service excellent

since I paid cash no issues with credit cards I would rather take cash out the ATM than use my CC anyways

What were the other negatives other than the CC issue on that occasion

After taking the wife back as per the doctors orders a few days after the incident he checked the wounds all OK (i could of seen that ) he then prescribed more medication for her which I thought was totally overboard and told the missus that it was ridiculous that he gave her more pills she agreed and told him she did not want them as she was fine he still prescribed them

while I think the treatment was good I do beleive they over prescribe there to make money

Still was initially good experience

After taking the wife back as per the doctors orders a few days after the incident he checked the wounds all OK (i could of seen that ) he then prescribed more medication for her which I thought was totally overboard and told the missus that it was ridiculous that he gave her more pills she agreed and told him she did not want them as she was fine he still prescribed them

while I think the treatment was good I do beleive they over prescribe there to make money

Still was initially good experience

Generally speaking, I think that most doctors in Thailand tend to over-prescribe medications. I can't remember how many times I've gone to a pharmacy looking for simple cold medication and the pharmacist tried to sell me Amoxicillin!

I went to Klaimor to get my health certificate for my Thai driver's license. I think I've been to 4 or 5 different clinics and hospitals for this simple task but Klaimor was by far the quickest and among the cheapest.

I went to Klaimor to get my health certificate for my Thai driver's license. I think I've been to 4 or 5 different clinics and hospitals for this simple task but Klaimor was by far the quickest and among the cheapest.

How cheap ? My clinic near Hang Dong charges 30 baht. Mind you he doesnt check anythng just says "are you ok?" and writes the slip out.

As I recall I paid 40 or 50 Baht at Klaimor. I paid 20 Baht once in Phayao, but had to wait for the nurse to finish her som tam before filling out the form without hardly looking at me much less asking me a question.

Klaimor- the medical certificate for your Thai drivers license hospital! (as mentioned above)

As to the wonderful Dr. Pal in the satellite clinic on Moon Muang- great chap and brilliant conversationalist.

A friend had a persistent gastrointestinal condition that was treated by him, using a combination of Western and Ayurvedic medicines.

I go to Sripat/Maharaj/Suan Dok....but if I get run over by a dumptruck, and I'm in the neighborhood, Klaimor it is...... :o

• 2 months later...