Rain Rain Rain !

siam2007

RAIN RAIN RAIN !!!

cant believe we have RAIN here in Bangkok right now, after those many dry weeks. and so much of it - a real cloudburst.....

too bad that only seconds after it started, there was a BLACKOUT in my area..... so it seems, 2009 will be a normal year :o

but good for nature, me thinks......

had to go to Charoenkrung this afternoon and the taxidriver told me, that THONBURI was even flooded this morning.....

quite unusual for a 2nd of March.....

rain anywhere else ?

It rained early Sunday morning too, around 6am.

===

The blackout was intentional I believe. We received a note from the building management that a power cut was scheduled for yesterday and then initiated. However after it was cut they decided that because of the raid it would be better to wait until a dray day: power back on.

Heavy downpour here near BTS On Nut, power went out three times (note too self: go buy a UPS), may have just been my building as lights remained on in nearby houses.

Went out an hour later with just a few drops still falling and all seemed well, Skytrain and MRT unaffected but the walk to the station demands planing ahead to avoid not being alongside a puddle as a vehicle hurtles through it. :o

A little off topic, I have seen the skytrain continue operation duing some very exciting thunder storms with lightning strikes everywhere. I presume the Thais thought of this. Has there been cases of an "unlucky" skytrain?

in bangkok there are a lot high rise buildings for the thunder to strike. I haven't heard about trains anywhere to be endangered this way. The problem is with running water and floods destroying tracks - not the case with skytrain