Kitchen Cabinets

Beachbunny

If anyone wants to see how our cabinets turned out from Life house furnishings you can view them at: My photo album

Beachbunny

Hi

I have just get a qutation from them to our house in Ban chang, are you satidfied with the result?

Do you want to give a hint how much you paid?

But i looked nice.

Chwanee

I also would like to know the cost as we have talked to them about doing our cabinets.

Did they do all the work? Is that poured concrete for the base and granite tops? Is that solid wood or a plywood with a veneer.

Looks very nice

And you have plenty of power plugs to use. Are they all on one breaker? or maybe 2?

I'll try to answer all your questions.

I'd be interested to know the quote you got chwanee, before I say what we paid, as I'm thinking we got an extremely good price for doing the kitchen and

three bathrooms.

I will say the price for all that was less than just the quote for the kitchen from a Pattaya company and they had to do some serious customizing.....and

my husband watched them like a hawk. They were very willing and accommodating though to make any corrections.

The cabinet doors are solid ash, stained a dustom wild cherry color. The insets are not completely solid ash though.....not particle board either, just a lighter reinforced

wood. I'll add some pictures of the inside and the bathroom to that link I posted.

We have 220 and 110 outlets, that's why you see the double outlets, plenty all around. My husband is a retired architect/builder having worked in the U.S. for over

30 years.......so everything at the time of the build was done to S. Ca code as close as we could.

We are very satisfied with the finished cabinets and would have been totally thrilled if they had built a couple things the way my husband told them to, that's what

caused the snafus for our cabinets.

The bases are built with concrete blocks that are rendered then the top is poured, with granite counter tops. If you do this type of base instead of wood base, you need

to make sure they try to get them as square as possible.....just looking you could never tell the imperfections on ours, which is what created another problem. That's what

you get when you CAN'T be on site everyday.

The owner says he learned a lot and will be able to do this now when people have/require toe kicks. We have four inch high/deep toe kicks if you didn't notice.

Hope this information helps.

Beachbunny

I'd be interested to know the quote you got chwanee, before I say what we paid, as I'm thinking we got an extremely good price for doing the kitchen and

three bathrooms.

I will say the price for all that was less than just the quote for the kitchen from a Pattaya company and they had to do some serious customizing.....and

my husband watched them like a hawk. They were very willing and accommodating though to make any corrections.

The cabinet doors are solid ash, stained a dustom wild cherry color. The insets are not completely solid ash though.....not particle board either, just a lighter reinforced

wood. I'll add some pictures of the inside and the bathroom to that link I posted.

We have 220 and 110 outlets, that's why you see the double outlets, plenty all around. My husband is a retired architect/builder having worked in the U.S. for over

30 years.......so everything at the time of the build was done to S. Ca code as close as we could.

We are very satisfied with the finished cabinets and would have been totally thrilled if they had built a couple things the way my husband told them to, that's what

The bases are built with concrete blocks that are rendered then the top is poured, with granite counter tops. If you do this type of base instead of wood base, you need

to make sure they try to get them as square as possible.....just looking you could never tell the imperfections on ours, which is what created another problem. That's what

The owner says he learned a lot and will be able to do this now when people have/require toe kicks. We have four inch high/deep toe kicks if you didn't notice.

Beachbunny

Hi

I got a quote for 25 000 thp/ up and down.

The toekicks is the first thing I noticed on the base cabinets. They do look larger than I'm used to seeing but here in LOS they rarely build them. When I showed them to my wife she asked what they are for? I explained as best I could.

I will be interested to know the cost. If you post the cost could you please list the kitchen separately?

Where in S Ca. did you live? I lived there many moons ago.

three bathrooms.

Beachbunny

Hi

I got a quote for 25 000 thp/ up and down.

Was that the quote for the whole kitchen or per unit? Seems really low for a whole kitchen, unless it's extremely small.....or are you missing a zero? How big is your kitchen (sqm)?

The toekicks is the first thing I noticed on the base cabinets. They do look larger than I'm used to seeing but here in LOS they rarely build them. When I showed them to my wife she asked what they are for? I explained as best I could.

I will be interested to know the cost. If you post the cost could you please list the kitchen separately?

Where in S Ca. did you live? I lived there many moons ago.

We are from San Diego.

Once your wife stands and works at counter with toe kicks and sees how much more comfortable it is to work, she'll understand. Most of the cabinets I've seen here have only about 2 inches if that much, almost the same as nothing IMO.

I have reasons for not wanting to post the cost on a public forum.....not just yet anyway. You can pm me for the reasons I'm withholding that information presently. Like I mentioned before, what we paid for the kitchen AND 3 bathrooms was less than we were quoted in Pattaya just for the kitchen. I think it worked out better for us too, because they were really willing to work around any problems with the base cabinets......

Overall, if you are looking for decent cabinets I don't think you will get a better price elsewhere......not that we've found anyway.

Beachbunny

Thank You,

After waiting so long to finish the kitchen we are amazed every morning when we see it. I'm still getting used to things being so convenient.

Thanks again for the kind comments from everyone.

Beachbunny

What a beautiful home you have Beachbunny. Thanks for sharing.

Now back to my kitchenless condo.:o

• 1 year later...

Hi Beachbunny.

I just trried to see your photos of the kitchen cabinets - not available anymore.

Any chance of putting them up again?

Sorry for being a nuisance.

We're going to build our own kitchen cabinets (having built plenty in Canada and New Zealand). It would be good to see how your's are done as a comparison.

Thanks in advance