Best Bike For Thailand

jubby

Nope i haven't got a Tiger. and to be honest its not powerful enough for me :o But its not a bad bike and hopefully the other bikes they produce will be bigger and more powerful.

My next bikes gonna be a Suzuki VX800.

Allan

HD its good that you share info with us. The point i was trying to get over was if you don't have experience of a particular brand yourself you should reserve judgment or maybe just word it a little better. after all a lot of parts for the HD's are now made in China. at least 2 of the big 4 Japanese company's plus Triumph manufacturer big bikes here in Thailand. would you not buy one of these because its made in Thailand.

If you don't like something that is fine. but at least have personal experience of that product. example: I don't like Harley's, but you don't hear me slagging them off.

Have a nice day now and ride safe :o

Hi thaicbr,i assume you can substanceate the china remark,are these other's manufactured or assemabled here and thank's for not slagging H.D it make's a pleasent change from the norm on all forum's. keep your rubber side down.LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVE'S.

'at least 2 of the big 4 Japanese company's plus Triumph manufacturer big bikes here in Thailand. would you not buy one of these because its made in Thailand.'

So Terry you would not buy a Kawasaki, Triumph or Honda big bike just because they are made in Thailand. ummmmmmmm ok. just thought i would repost the whole sentence.

But i'm sure your happy to buy other things made in Thailand :o:D:wai::P:D :D

If ya know what i mean.................... Nice to see ya back though. I missed the man of few words :D

So Terry you would not buy a Kawasaki, Triumph or Honda big bike just because they are made in Thailand. ummmmmmmm ok.
Are most models made here or just the smaller cc ones? I would quite like an R1 or a ZX-10.
But i'm sure your happy to buy other things made in Thailand :D:D:wai::P:D:D

If ya know what i mean....................

Noodles?  :o

'at least 2 of the big 4 Japanese company's plus Triumph manufacturer big bikes here in Thailand. would you not buy one of these because its made in Thailand.'

Is this statement correct concerning Triumph? They manufacture parts, yes. But complete bikes. Are you sure?

Kawasaki makes almost the complete European line of bigger motorcycles in Thailand, Triumph also makes almost all models in Thailand, I belief that the Triumph Rocket III is still a English production bike, also it seems that some models are also build in England.

In the worldwide automotive sector, Thailand is called the Detroit of Asia, this name they not get from the bad weather that I'm sure. Names like General Motors, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Honda, Suzuki, BMW, Mercedes-Benz ..and many more have production facilities in Thailand. Some one once told me, that if it has wheels you can be sure that some parts of the vehicle come from Thailand, if not the whole vehicle...

You probably right, only the English will manufacture engine parts in Thailand, send them half the way across the world, then assemble the engine, and send them back to Thailand to be mounted on the motorcycle for worldwide distribution...

Now I think about it, I'm sure that the British are more efficient than that... and the bikes are just manufactured in Thailand as the Vehicle Identification Number indicates.. And sure still some part of the production is still done in England.

You probably right, only the English will manufacture engine parts in Thailand, send them half the way across the world, then assemble the engine, and send them back to Thailand to be mounted on the motorcycle for worldwide distribution...

Now I think about it, I'm sure that the British are more efficient than that... and the bikes are just manufactured in Thailand as the Vehicle Identification Number indicates.. And sure still some part of the production is still done in England.

Can you expand on the above. Any links?

Thanks for the links.

here is another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Motorcycles_Ltd

Thailand factory

Nevertheless, the company, which by then employed more than 650, quickly rebuilt the facility and returned to production by September that year. Furthermore, in 2003, Triumph opened a new manufacturing facility in Thailand. An assembly and painting facility in Thailand was opened in 2006 by Prince Andrew.[9] In September 2008 Triumph announced that they were expanding their Thailand factory to increase capacity to over 130,000 motorcycles.[10]