Another Settlement Visa Uk Question

My wife and I have been in the settlement visa loop for almost 15 months now due to failure of tb test.

We now have the clearance certificate from iom and submitted the visa application on the 27th of January.

Today my wife received a call to attend an interview on thursday.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal and in addition give us some idea of the types of questions she may be asked.

very many thanks,

Mike.

My wife waited six weeks for the call so i guess your ok, various reasons as to why some people get in quicker than others, known only to the embassy i'm afraid but don't go sounding the alarm bells just yet. As for the questions they can only ask based on whot you submitted in your application so my advice to you would be to make sure your wife understands all the answers you gave. Basically they will try to prove you have a solid relationship so for instance if you have said in supporting documents that your sister can't wait to meet her new sister in law when she arrives in the UK they would expect your wife to know her name, your job etc. Not a problem if you have known your wife for a long period and you know each other well. Hope this is of some use and good luck. :o

My wife and I have been in the settlement visa loop for almost 15 months now due to failure of tb test.

We now have the clearance certificate from iom and submitted the visa application on the 27th of January.

Today my wife received a call to attend an interview on thursday.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal and in addition give us some idea of the types of questions she may be asked.

very many thanks,

Mike.

Congrats mate to you and the wife on her test results,,,,,,,,,mine had probs to but got there in the end,,,,,, this was a point I was trying to make to someone a little while ago on here that TB testing might not be straightforward , but the experts on here could see no probs.

I would think if all this has been going on for 15 months you will have gathered loads of supporting evidence between her and yourself and your family ,, so just make sure the dots and the eyes all match up and she will be fine. We actually had a strange thing happen when my wife got called for her interview , during the interview the officer called to me in the UK to clarify one point ,, it was quickly cleared up and she told me there and then she would be issuing her visa the following Monday which she duly did. Unfortunately we all have to go through this charade because of the wonder boys that go to the likes of Pattaya ,, shandied up for 2 weeks , fall in love for the 1st time in their lives ( ha ha ) then want to import her 2 weeks later she is going to the welfare in the UK ,, well that was how it was,, now we are all tared with the same brush and have to suffer I am afraid.

All the best I am sure she will be with you very soon

Best of luck wiyh yuor application. The answer to my query lies in your posts, I think. My wife was told today, by IOM, that TB testing was no longer required.

I am puzzeled, and have asked IOM for clarification, want an appointment for 9 March, and also e-mailed VFS. Mabe someone here has experience of this.

Let us know how you fared with your wife's visa application.

Best of luck wiyh yuor application. The answer to my query lies in your posts, I think. My wife was told today, by IOM, that TB testing was no longer required.

I am puzzeled, and have asked IOM for clarification, want an appointment for 9 March, and also e-mailed VFS. Mabe someone here has experience of this.

If you are applying for a settlement visa or a visa with a stay of longer than 6 months in the UK, you must have a TB certificate. LINK

It is impossible to accurately predict what questions she will be asked. They could be to clarify points raised by the paperwork, or simply to find out how much she knows about you.

The vital thing is that she must answer truthfully. Even if the truthful answer is that she doesn't know. For example my wife was asked the names of my parents. She answered "I don't know; he calls them Mum and Dad!"

Tell her to stay calm, be confident and don't worry about 'losing face' if she doesn't know the answer.

Unless she is very confident with her English, it's better to ask for an interpreter.

If you are applying for a settlement visa or a visa with a stay of longer than 6 months in the UK, you must have a TB certificate. LINK

Yes, you certainly will need a clearance certificate from iom for tb if you are applying for a settlement visa of any type.

As I said it took 15 months to get our clearance and I have detailed the process on other threads under tb testing. We were a little unlucky but certainly not unique. Do not assume that applying for the iom cert is a formality.

Thanks for replies everyone.

As it happens we had a misunderstanding, the wife was not asked to go for interview but to collect documents. The visa was issued with no problems.

Applied for on the 27th of january and received on the 4th of march.

She arrives next week.

One point to make is that the tb clearance certificate had to be dated from a particular point in the process which in our case was in September. These certs are only valid for 6 months and after that you have to start again. In our case she has to travel to the uk before the 20th of march. This as you can imagine caused a certain amount of stress for us while waiting for the visa.

many thanks again.

Mike.

well done on the outcome. She is arriving at a great time of year, my husband (thai) loves spring & arrived here end of March 2004. The day we landed it was bright sunshine, but freezing cold, he couldn't fathom it & then it started hailstoning too, was a funny & memorable start to his life here. :o Hope she settles well.

Thanks Boo, she has already spent around 3 months here so is aware of the climate, I love to see her dressed up against the cold.

We have had to endure so much stress and hasstle in getting this visa that I am sure without real commitment from both of us we would have given up by now. We look forward to a long and happy life together.

Thanks again.